anyone else here a PERSONA fan?

bileanddecay

CAGiversary!
The character design artist, kaneko kazuma, is amazing. He comes up with some of the most sick and twisted images I've seen. In tandem with his personal art style, it's all just plain creepy.

Overall, however, the non-traditional take on the RPG genre is very interesting. If you haven't peeped it, I would recommend it to you whole-heartedly. I started at Persona 2 myself, currently looking for the first one, and I've seen ads in Japanese gaming mags for the new iteration on PS2.

And the female characters curse. Like sailors.

Just wanted to see who else was a fan. Also, does anyone know where I could procure some of his art books? Not Persona art books per se, but kaneko kazuma art books. I know they exist, but tokyocentral.com and animebooks.com are out or they plain don't carry it.

I played the first several hours of the 2 released in the US.... then they got too hard for me.... Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, the series that Persona is part of, is going to be released at the end of the year, and I'll probably buy it.

I'm not sure. I was replying to the other Persona specific posts that answered yours more that I was answering to you initial post.

I absolutely LOVE Persona too! ^^;; The art is indeed unique, but I personally prefer the dark storyline more. It's hard to find unmedival, non "OMG, let's go save the world!!" type RPGs, and this is def. one of the hard to find :D Great stuff~ (You should check out Shadow Hearts if you like that kind of RPG, although it's art is really the most inspired, it's as dark and twisted!)

I'm a big fan of the Persona series. I played and beat both. It's my second favorite series next to Suikoden. I love it that the game is extremly hard. In fact Persona 2 is probably the hardest RPG I've ever played.

Leveling up just isn't enough in this one. You really have to manage your Personas or you'll never beat the bosses.

Alot of my friends are turned off by it cause they can't even beat the first boss, (Joker) and give up.

the first boss joker is just a generic enemy...

But the first persona is pretty tough, if you are having trouble locating a cheap copy, email the store over at atlus.com

I bought mine there new a few years ago for $10 shipped. They dont have any new ones, but ask them about refurbished copies, I also bought a refurbished copy of tactics ogre for $25 a while back(they are all out of refurbed copies of that tho)

atlus.com kicks ass

And yes, I cant wait for the shin megami tensei game to come out later this year.

Likewise, Rodimus, I enjoy Persona almost as much as Suikoden. And thank you, Sailorchrono, I have considered Shadow Hearts (I think EB has them for $20 new - anyone know otherwise for a new copy?).

I think it does take a certain personality to enjoy these types of RPG. I do like 'em dark, the darker the better. Saving the world is all right, but seriously, how many times can you do that before it starts getting old? Give me some psychotic serial killers and semi-normal characters over heroes with gargantuan swords any day.

Anyone have a lead for a new copy of the first one (Revelations)?

Persona is definitely an underappreciated gem.

Oh yah loved the Persona Series tracked my copy down when it first came out way back when. Even got the official strategy guide for it I had to special order from gamefan still got em both in the back somewhere. Might have to load it up sometime.

r1s3n

I'd love to say I'm a fan, but both Persona 1 and 2 for psx are currently sitting in my 'to be played' pile. Played about 3 hours into 2, and I love the way you can chat with enemies to see why they feel down and eventually coerce them out of fighting.

bread's done
Back