Anyone else here ever had problems with Paxil?

FunkyDoRight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I know this isn't talked about much on here, but I kinda wanted to know if anyone else has ever had problems with this pill like I have.

I went to the doc a few weeks back about my social anxiety disorder that I have had since i can remember and he prescribed me Paxil. So the first week I think i had the placbo effect and had the best week of my lfe. I even took a chick to the movies for the first time. However, last week was the worst week of my life where I stayed nausous and felt so down i couldn't even go to work on friday.

Anyone else ever had these problems or just me?

Paxil can cause weight gain. The doctor told me this after I'd put on 75 pounds while taking Paxil over the course of a year.

[quote name='ragtop70']Paxil can cause weight gain. The doctor told me this after I'd put on 75 pounds while taking Paxil over the course of a year.[/quote]

Thats interesting, The doc told me it could cause weight loss... I wonder about doctors some time.

I had a friend who was on Paxil; His personality changed a bit when he was using it. He seemed kinda of an airhead or something. Its kind of hard to describe.

Something I learned from my husband's time with anxiety drugs is you have to find out what's right for you. Paxil has been GREAT for him, no highs and lows, more steady, but he tried three other drugs before this. AND you have to give yourself at least a month on each one, as psychotropic drugs take a while to equalize in your system.

Now he's gained a significant amount of weight (not from Paxil but from starting working from home the last two years after a very physical job), and it's not working as well. He finally admitted it may be because of the weight.

It's a rough road, good luck.

I've taken Paxil for about 8 years now. I don't really need it for anxiety anymore, and I take the lowest possible dose of 10mg/day, but take it for one reason only: withdrawal symptoms. Every time I skip more than a day, I feel so awful I can't do anything but stay in bed. Just a general, overall crap feeling. I haven't done it in years because I'm fearful of the symptoms. It hasn't caused any other problems that I know of, including weight gain.

Get the fuck off that crap NOW. They put me on that stuff when I was a kid for migraines(for some reason back then they thought it could help with migraines, I dunno, maybe they were lying to me because I also have depression and they might have been putting me on it for that). Anyways I used to be skinny as a kid. It took only a few months for me to gain like 40 to 50 lbs on that stuff. They realized it a little late and even when they did they didn't want to take me off it, but my mom bitched until they did. But the damage was done. I'm still struggling with my weight even now. It's been 15 years since I started on that. I take lexapro and topomax. Ask about those.

[quote name='Scorch']what mg of paxil are you taking?[/quote]

I was on 20mg before he took me off cuz of the deep ass depression i was in.

Im a few days in on Zoloft and i feel better, no problem getting out of bed to head to work.

However in the back of my head i wonder if I am doing all this to myself.

My wife took Paxil as a teen... She said it was horrible stuff and made her feel awful. She's been on Zoloft for years now with no ill effects at all.

Id Just like to thank the CAG community for your imput. Makes me feel less like im alone on the matter like most of my friends and family have.

As a matter of fact i have realized that I need to ditch one of my friends because i realized that she makes everything about her, even this.

I kinda wish i would have kept it all to my self. The depression that the Paxil brought on was kinda well known because of my change in mood. I never figured me being the quiet dude that didn't have the abilty to talk to new people would be so hard to change.

Social Anxiety sucks.

bread's done
Back