Anyone else know?

sendmesomegames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (83%)
I was talking with an employee at Gamestop today and thought it was funny.
The person said that the stores are going to through great lengths to get their hands on old consoles dirt cheap such as PS 2 and Xbox, so they can sell them overseas to countries that can't afford the new stuff.

The person said after the current gen stops selling here they sell bulk inventory to poorer countries so they can sell them to people. Basically they will start paying us even less for current generation but will make more money selling to foreign companies.

I stopped shopping at Gamestop after they tried to bend me over for my Gamecube collection when they offered me $165 for 30 games and a console with accessories.

I sold them the console but sold the game in lots for alot more money online.

This person is a friend but I think they are full of crap but that explains why most of the good games never really start selling for $2.00.

Personally I would only do the deal on a 360 for an original xbox but other than that do not sell them your console. There are many other things the original xbox can be used for and xbox scene has some good ideas.

I bought a backup Xbox last year for $150 (non-Forza bundle) for when my current one finally goes kaput. It's brand-new, still sitting in my closet. I've got around 100 Xbox games (many of which I haven't started), so I don't want to be in a position where I can't play them. Personally I think it's a bad idea to get rid of any console. I got rid of my NES ages ago when I was a kid and still regret that.

I doubt his theory is correct. Among the reasons: Region Protection, language issues, PAL vs NTSC, power issues, etc.

the SMS lasted in Brazil until 1996. They might go over to Latin America, india, and china. Developing countries where the next gen is too high.

bread's done
Back