Anyone else screwed out of Best Buy Homefront pre-order headpones?

Deezul

CAGiversary!
I pre-ordered Homefront for my 360 at the Best Buy I pass every day on the way home from work. I did it almost three weeks ago. Went to pick up the game this afternoon after work. I get the game, and the cashier pulls out the game as well as a set of Turtle Beach XLC gaming headphones. I ask her about the red pre-order headphones, and she said the store only got two pairs. WTF?

The only reason I pre-ordered is for the red headphones. I thought they'd look good with the red controller I got a few years ago. I don't need $30 gaming headset that means I have to sit closer to the TV. Now, I don't know if the pre-order head phones were wireless or had to be run the same way, but I know the PS3 users got a wireless Bluetooth set, so I figure the 360 ones were pretty good.

I haven't heard great things about Homefront, and I'm a sucker for pre-order knick-knack bonuses. But this really has upset me, and I'm probably going to return the game. Complaining wouldn't have gotten me much more than maybe a $30 gift card instead of the headset, but I was in a hurry and not in the mode to argue.

I know I may be coming off as petty, and it's possible that the headset they gave me is better than the free one. But I already have a Dolby Digtial set of Tritons, and I have a set of Logitech headphones with microphone I use on my PC.

So, did anyone else get screwed, or did I get a better deal with the headphones I get, specs wise?

I got screwed too. Got there about half an hour after opening and they were already gone. I sold the game and the headset to some guy on Ebay though for $75. I was going to return it but I paid with store credit and preferred to get the cash money. Went to kmart and picked it up with the deal they're having.

Same thing happend to me . Pre-ordered from store a month ago and arrived at store early today and was told they only got two custom head sets and i was to late. They offerd turttle beach ones which i have and are not that good . I pre-orderd for the special red ones, so i cancelled my order and will never pre-order from bestbuy again. Classic bait and switch! Plus waisted time and gas for nothing. So i agree with you. From chicagoland here

It's not a "classic" bait and switch. It is, though, a classic example of a business not caring about customer service, something that Best Buy is notorious for.

You guys honestly did get the better deal. I waited in line first thing in the morning to get 1 of 4 red headphone sets at my local Best Buy, only to find out that they are worthless. They are noise canceling headphones with NO GAME AUDIO, game chat only. So not only do they not play game audio, but in effect cancel it out.

bread's done
Back