Anyone else upset there wasnt another mario game announced?

mememe

CAGiversary!
I was kinda hoping for another console mario game to show up @ e3. Sunshine never felt like a true sequel :(

With the new Zelda on the way You can bet we'll be seeing the faithfull plumber again. Sunshine didn't seem like a sequeL! I bet there will be a sunshine 2

If Mario's coming out within the next year, then it'll be there. Zelda was just one of the surprises of the show, I'm sure they have something else up their sleeves. Just, if it's still far off, don't expect it there. Nintendo hasn't been much for building a huge hype machine for their games; most only get displayed shortly before the release. And Miyamoto said he doesn't want to show of Mario 128 til its almost done, since it's so "new and innovative"

I think they marketed zelda like that on purpose...wind waker to think they canned the zelda they had in that trailer and e3 of 2001? and put it off so they had time to tweak and get the BIG zelda in full motion...no pun intended on BIG

i thought wind waker 2 was already confirmed also?

Yeah the Gc zelda does look good, but for some reason it just looks like an enhanced zelda 64 version. Not gfx wise, but more design.

[quote name='elprincipe']Well, there is a new Mario game for the DS, so that will be pretty interesting (I mean in addition to Mario 64x4)[/quote]

I wish the system had an analog stick though.

as far as a new mario, I think that Nintendo is going to hold off with Mario and bring him out for launch of Nintendo's next system.

Yeah, I read recently and not only is Mario 128 coming out soon, but GI announced that Paper Mario 2 will be made, i HIGHLY anticipate it, Paper Mario is all time the greatest Mario game IMO that is my absolute favorite.
So, don't worry about it... Paper mario 2 will be coming out soon and i'll be in heaven. Paper mario one is perfect.

I think Nintendo in general has really lost it's touch. I don't think it knows how to compete anymore, and it's just a matter of time before it goes the way of Atari. So although I'm disappointed, I'm not surprised.

I think the last Mario was a big mistake when it should have been huge. There still might be a Mario announcement this E3, or it might come with the announcement of it's next-gen console. Either way, I don't think it will change the fact that Nintendo is on a slow, downhill slide to extinction. Any news about a new Mario game, imo, will at BEST slow the slide.

[quote name='otz']I think Nintendo in general has really lost it's touch. I don't think it knows how to compete anymore, and it's just a matter of time before it goes the way of Atari. So although I'm disappointed, I'm not surprised.

I think the last Mario was a big mistake when it should have been huge. There still might be a Mario announcement this E3, or it might come with the announcement of it's next-gen console. Either way, I don't think it will change the fact that Nintendo is on a slow, downhill slide to extinction. Any news about a new Mario game, imo, will at BEST slow the slide.[/quote]

I disagree slightly. I think Nintendo has lost its touch with the consumer slightly: Cube/GBA connectivity, no DVD player in console at launch, etc. But I believe that they are seeing their mistakes now: realistic Zelda coming out, Nintendo DS, etc.
Nintendo is also starting to find its niche among the likes of Sony and Microsoft. They still have their loyal following, and they will continue to have it for years to come. If worse came to worse, they could go third party... but they continually state that this option is not in their future plans!!!

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']
I disagree slightly. I think Nintendo has lost its touch with the consumer slightly: Cube/GBA connectivity, no DVD player in console at launch, etc. But I believe that they are seeing their mistakes now: realistic Zelda coming out, Nintendo DS, etc.
Nintendo is also starting to find its niche among the likes of Sony and Microsoft. They still have their loyal following, and they will continue to have it for years to come. If worse came to worse, they could go third party... but they continually state that this option is not in their future plans!!![/quote]

cube needs no dvd player. i think nintendo knew exactly what they were doing. i think they saw there would be many gamers with 2 consoles this gen. i have 2, i know many people here have 2 or even all 3. now honestly, y should nintendo spend the $ to put a dvd player in their system when they could leave it out and keep costs low?

what do u mean seeing their mistakes and comming out with a "realistic" zelda, and DS?

I think that new Mario game for the DS looks pretty good - kind of like Yoshi's Story for the N64 (2D gameplay with 3D-type graphics) - hopefully it will turn out better!

I really like the direction Nintendo is going in - fun, pick-up-and-play titles that really started with Wario Ware for GBA last year. Some of the PC/Xbox FPS really do look amazing, but does anyone honestly see the market for these types of games expanding that much beyond the current user base?

What Nintendo needs to do for their next system is make the licensing terms for the 3rd parties more attractive so that they can get the niche titles from companies like Atlus and more enthusiast-type titles from the bigger publishers like Sega. Honestly, I think the GameCube would be the perfect system if you simply added some titles like Disgaea, Guilty Gear, and Xenosaga to its current library of Nintendo-published titles.

bread's done
Back