Anyone else?

Super_Cholo

CAG Veteran
Ok I've been a long time Cagcast listener but no big in the forums. (I have a full time job plus run my own business) so figured I would ask a question.

I bought a used PS3 from Gamestop,yes I know first mistake.
I played for a bit the stopped well because of Gears 3.
So I finally turned it on and I got an update. But I get an error at 65%, nothing works to fix the update.

So first question has anyone had this as well?

I called tech support, second mistake. I talked to a guy who was to be honest understanding, however was told to return it to Gamestop. Not an option as I bought it six months ago with no warranty. 3rd mistake. I was given the option of paying $99 to have it fixed. So now feeling like someone forgot the lube, I'm completely screwed after thinking I might actually like the PS3 and after arguing that my update didn't screw up my console theirs did, I'm having to pay more hard earned cash to fix an issue I didn't cause.

Has anyone else got the shaft like this as well?
I'm no microturd fan boy as I've had my rrod issues there too. Just wondering.

Oh and the warranty sticker has been screwed with at one point obviously (happened here as it was intact from Gamestop. I was honest with Sony about that)

The only other option I can offer beyond that is to do a pristine system restore and see if that fixed it. What sucks about that is that you will need to backup all saves and re-download everything since you obviously will not want to do a backup and restore. You can try a backup, system cleanse, and restore first, but if that fails then the only other option to try is a the restore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWOrYLX01eA

I tried all the options including usb. Every one of them failed. It's most likely a hardware failure somehow, I was just super pissed as it was working fine before the update then not afterwards.

I'm not a PS3 gamers really, mainly its what my GF plays (which is not easy to come by a female gamer at my age) when I'm not home. So on top of it I have to listen to her bitch that it's not working. Which is probably actually at this point the worst part.

Hmmm.....guess the only other option I could think of is swapping out hard drives if you have one available. You'll probably need the updated on a USB, but that's the last option I can think of.

Have you accessed the recovery menu on your PS3? I would definitely try to repair the HD/System Files before sending it in to Sony. It sounds like you got a corrupted update and it messed up your files. Google PS3 Service Menu if you dont know what I am talking about.

bread's done
Back