Anyone elses Wii scuff/scratch easily?

daschrier

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I lent my barely used Wii to a friend for a week. It came back all scuffed up. I was understandably pissed.

With the white shiny casing, it's hard not to leave smudges and scuffs, but has anyone done anything to try and polish it back up? I was going to try some plastic polish, but didn't want to make it worse.

He must of really fucked with it. I put mine in a back pack and took it with me to relatives and it's still mint.

[quote name='magiic']He must of really fucked with it. I put mine in a back pack and took it with me to relatives and it's still mint.[/quote]

I agree. I've moved mine quite a few times (to and from my home to campus, friends houses, etc). I don't take particularly great care for it. I have a shoebox like thing with a little bit of tissue paper that I pretty much just put the console, cables, controllers, games, etc in and take with. Anyway, I've gotten plenty of fingerprints and marks on it, but nothing that some wiping with a rag wouldn't get rid of easily.

My cat has knocked it over more times than I can remember. Onto the edges of hard plastic things too.

Still nice and shiny.

Wat did your friend do, ride down the stairs with his butt firmly planted on your wii? i've actually thrown all the cables, wii, sensor bar, controllers and games into a jansport backpack and it came out unscathed. (while being angrily jostled around in a crowded subway)

[quote name='iazybandit']Had a DecalGirl skin on mine. Still mint ;)[/quote]
yeah, i skinned mine with decalgirll's 'retro' as well. good stuff for protection. a tip to all you CAG wii owners - if you have checked your TRU's lately and see micro sox, check their price. there are gba micro sox (like these), and i found them for $0.70 each. i use them to protect my wiimotes and 'chucks (two sox per wiimote, one per 'chuck). awesome for keeping my accessories from scratching each other in transport.

as for daschrier, my friend's wii has been knocked around and he's even carried it in a messenger bag to other friend's places - no marks. i wonder how your friend scuffed it so badly. net2 and mr. anderson, i agree. i tend to not let it out of my sight - only way my friend play is if they're over or if i'm over. i treat it like it were my child - have to keep an eye on it, have to take care of it.

This is why I don't let a lot of my friends borrow my stuff. I have to know that I'm going to get it back in the same condition it was in when it left my hands, and the people I trust to do that are few.

I'm really curious as to what he did to cause that much damage to your Wii. I've taken mine back and forth to friends' houses several times, and the only thing that I've had to contend with afterwards were fingerprints. Did your game discs come back scratched up as well?

It wasn't even my friend, it was for his 70yr old dad. He was having a golf retreat and wanted to play golf. I have no idea what happened.

The Wii does scratch up very easily... though it may be hard to tell from a distance, if you look up close, you'll likely notice things that weren't there before.

Mine's got a few scratches... but nowere near as bad as my Wiimotes and Nunchuks (though, again, you have to look at it real close).

mine sits on the shelf, it doesnt move. sometimes i press the power or eject button. it looks great. wtf are you guys doing to knock it over and get it scratched?

[quote name='Vinny']The Wii does scratch up very easily... though it may be hard to tell from a distance, if you look up close, you'll likely notice things that weren't there before.

Mine's got a few scratches... but nowere near as bad as my Wiimotes and Nunchuks (though, again, you have to look at it real close).[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not actual scratches, but scuffs in the finish of the polish. Like a black car, if you look at it from a distance it looks fine, up close you'll see swirls and scuffs etc.

Man, you guys really move your stuff around a lot. Lending it to a bunch of guys for a golf retreat? I unpacked my Wii in November and it hasn't moved since. Threads like this help me to understand why games and systems in pawn shops and thrift stores look the way they do.

Take care of your stuff. You paid for it.

Why would you let someone borrow your brand new shiny $250 system?

bread's done
Back