Anyone ever get barber shop straight razor shaves?

Haggar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Now that I'm older I've gone back to barber shops and stay out of the "salons" when I get my hair cut. I recently found a barber shop that I really like, and I noticed they offer straight razor shaves.

I always wanted to try one, so I had one done, and it's an awesome relaxing experience. Sure, I can shave myself (and do most of the time) but whenever I get my haircut I now also get a shave if the barber has the time.

Every guy should try it once. You deserve it.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Enjoy your Hep C![/QUOTE]

You lie....the blue liquid kills all disease and death.

I have gotten it done by an old timey barber in my hometown my last few years of high school. I liked it and I usually hate seeing blades around neck areas. Its refreshing and one of the few times I have had a completely clean shaven face.

I have many times , it is relaxing!! Being in the ARMY I have to shave every morning , doesnt take long . . . but the way they do it in the barber shop is waaay better:applause: Oh & for the record ive never contracted Hep C :roll:

I just don't know if i could trust someone with a razor that close to my throat. Maybe if i'd been going to them for a while and knew them.

Backing the straight razor pretty hard. You can't get a closer shave, and really, they'd have to slice pretty damn deep to do any damage. If you're shaving hard enough to potentially sever anything, you're going about it completely wrong.

I hate those things. Ever since I saw the Alone in the Dark preview with a straight razor cutting up someone, I start feeling really uncomfortable whenever the barber pulls it out to shave my sideburns and to get the edges.

[quote name='Hostile']I hate those things. Ever since I saw the Alone in the Dark preview with a straight razor cutting up someone, I start feeling really uncomfortable whenever the barber pulls it out to shave my sideburns and to get the edges.[/QUOTE]

Don't watch Eastern Promises.

I do a straight shave every couple months. The hardest part is initially finding one that does a straight edge.

You can walk into places and be up front, "Do you do shave with a straight edge," and half the shops I walked into acted like I was speaking in a foreign language, or would proceed to break out a regular electric razor.

The feel of the aftershave at the end is the best part, lol

I personally like to leave the minuscule stubble on my face from an electric razor. But I do totally agree about the straight razor. I always get the sideburns and edges done with a straight razor and it's a great feeling. It's tough to find a good barbershop though. I just drove through my hometown recently and noticed that my favorite barber shop was now a Cricket wireless. :(

I get one atleast once a month. Its nice to treat yourself and youll never have a better shave in your life. My grandpa used to say you need to treat yourself to two things once in awhile...... a new suit and straight razor shave. Its a wierd experence the first time but Im glad i did it

I miss my barber, the hot shaving cream, and the straight razor shave of my neck at haircut time.

This thread reminds me I need to go on a quest to find a real barber near me again.

if there are any houstons cags in here lookin for a good place to get a straight shave let me know ive got three places defenatly worth checking out

I always wanted to get shaved with a straight razor. Always heard good things, just never got a chance to do it. Good to hear everyone pretty much agreeing with what I heard. I gotta try it now.

[quote name='ranger_mj']if there are any houstons cags in here lookin for a good place to get a straight shave let me know ive got three places defenatly worth checking out[/QUOTE]*raises hand*

I live near the Galleria. My old barber was out in Pasadena (Pasa-get-down-dena).

I've always wanted to get one too, but there honestly arent any good barber shops around here. The last one moved away last year, and even he didnt offer straight razor shaves.

Never been interested in one since I can be jittery at times. On top of that, I've only had my hair cut by a male once and I strongly prefer sticking with females because that's the only way I've ever had it done as far back as I can remember.

I can't even grow a full beard yet and I'm 19. I'm going with the manly stubble look for a while once it all grows in. Plus I just get my hair buzzed now. Much easier.

bread's done
Back