anyone ever get their DS wet? did it survive?

chrishicks

CAGiversary!
so I was filling up the bathtub with water and I was playing a bit of Sudoku. I set it down on a shelf for a minute and the worst thing ever happened: one side of the shelf fell sending the DS into the tub of water. I shut it down immediately and started to dry it off/out as fast as I could. the touch screen went real dark and the top screen was flickering in and out with the brightness. as of now, about 6hrs. after the fact, the top screen seems just fine but the bottom screen is still messed up. if I turn it on, the touch screen is bright like normal for a second or 2 then it fades to dark. is my DS dead or will it possibly survive?

What you did good- Shut it off right away.

What you did bad- Turned it on.

As a general rule, if anything electronic gets wet, shut it off immediately. Then remove and potential sorce of power. Lastly, take it as completely apart as possible so it can dry as best it can. Leave the parts on a towel or something. You should avoid direct sunlight for any LCDs, but most circuit boards should be fine in direct sunlight for a while.

Don't worry about voiding your warranty, as you already covered that by dropping it in the tub.

[quote name='Kayden']Don't worry about voiding your warranty, as you already covered that by dropping it in the tub.[/QUOTE]

True. Pretty much anything electronic has some sort of strip that changes color when it gets wet.

bread's done
Back