Anyone ever have anything funny happen at a B&M?

ryoga79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Totally 100% True convo at a GS B&M in Fayettenam, NC:

*Guy holding Dinotopia, being very loud to everyone on the store*: "Don't buy this game. It sucks! The price tag is $20, and that's $20.01 too much. I repeat, do NOT buy this game!"

*Kid who was listening, nodding, and agreeing the entire time walks up, picks up game, and goes and buys it.*

*Guy who just told us not to buy it*: "Wha? What the fuck?? Did I NOT just tell him not to buy that game?!?!?"

We couldn't help but laugh. Anyone else have something simliar happen before, or something actually funny?

Most of my B&M experiences are awkward. I usually just want to get in and out as fast as possible, and the clerk will be trying to smalltalk me or sell me something.

"So...play any good games lately?"
"Not really."
"Yeah man, I hear ya..."

I went to CC today and was sorting through all the games when one of the employees asked me if I needed help. I said that I was alright, and showed him the list of games that I had on my Sidekick. The thing was about only 3 games could be displayed at a time because of the spacing.

So this guy was just standing there next to me, as I scrolled through the list. He would mumble something, look at the shelf and then get right next to me and start reading over my shoulder again. I thought it was more than kind of awkward. I was too nice to say anything, but after about 10-15 minutes of this I told him that he could go, I didn't really need any help.

I would rather it be like how evilmax said, just in and out as fast as possible with as little communication as possible. Well unless the cashier's a hot chick. :)

Standing in line behind these 2 kids in a TRU, trying to pick up Mario Kart DD. They were begging their dad to buy them GTA: VC. The dad had no idea what the game was about, and his face went from surprise to shock to horror as the clerk described (in graphic detail) how you could shoot someone, steal their car, use that stolen car to pick up a hooker, drive into a dark alley, then kill her and take the money back.

Yet after all of that the dad bought the game for the kids. And they were the snottiest little shit-rags i've ever seen.

After the spectacle, I go up to the counter, laughing my ass off. I'm buying MKDD and Animal Crossing, and this guy says that he had been obsessed with the Sims lately. Yet the little 8 year olds wanted GTA...

Funny, at least to me.

[quote name='Mouse']Standing in line behind these 2 kids in a TRU, trying to pick up Mario Kart DD. They were begging their dad to buy them GTA: VC. The dad had no idea what the game was about, and his face went from surprise to shock to horror as the clerk described (in graphic detail) how you could shoot someone, steal their car, use that stolen car to pick up a hooker, drive into a dark alley, then kill her and take the money back.

Yet after all of that the dad bought the game for the kids. And they were the snottiest little shit-rags i've ever seen.

After the spectacle, I go up to the counter, laughing my ass off. I'm buying MKDD and Animal Crossing, and this guy says that he had been obsessed with the Sims lately. Yet the little 8 year olds wanted GTA...

Funny, at least to me.[/QUOTE]
I have a similar story. I was standing behind this mother at Gamestop. She buying the GTA III for her kid. Even after she was told what the game was about she just said "its not as bad as wrestling".

This story is mildly funny in retrospect. I was at Babbages (Gamestop) when I was 16. I had picked up an M rated game just to look at the back etc. The clerk was damn near across the store and yelled out: "I'm not selling that game to you! You aren't old enough!" Mind you, I didn't bring it up to the counter, I was standing against the wall looking at it. Thought it was pretty weird he would bother telling me that.

I was on line to buy a game and the woman in front of me had two little boys in a double stroller. the boy in front turned around and stuck his tounge out. Then the other boy leaned forward and stuck his tounge out and they started to lick each others tounges. It was so vile, and the mother didnt seem to care.

[quote name='Mouse']Standing in line behind these 2 kids in a TRU, trying to pick up Mario Kart DD. They were begging their dad to buy them GTA: VC. The dad had no idea what the game was about, and his face went from surprise to shock to horror as the clerk described (in graphic detail) how you could shoot someone, steal their car, use that stolen car to pick up a hooker, drive into a dark alley, then kill her and take the money back.

Funny, at least to me.[/QUOTE]

Heh, sounds familiar. I used to work in a game store years ago, and it was always the little kids who wanted the most violent games. The adults would come in and ask about "Sheep" or "Theme Park" or remade "Space Invaders" or something, and the kids would want the most violent new "in" thing available. Just odd. Maybe 'M' rated games should be 'IM' :lol:

I always thought it was hilarious when people would steal empty cardboard display boxes that had, in very large and bright writing, "FOR DISPLAY ONLY" and "SEE CLERK FOR PRODUCT" or something like that written on them. Hilarious stuff.

I was gonna make this topic today...

Anyways after going to about 3 stores looking for the right jeans for me, I went to mervyns and found them in like 5 minutes, but my mom was still shopping, so I told her to meet me at gamestop which was right next door. So I go in and I browse for a little, and I notice Dynasty Warriors 4 on Xbox is only $20 new. So I go up to the front and ask if they have it used and how much. so the clerk guy says if it's out there we have it. so I'm like wtf, asshat. So I browse around for a little bit and this korean looking guy comes in and he goes to the front and tries trading in this gameboy advance cart. I walk over acting like I'm browsing the magazines, and the clerk says, ya know what, nintendo doesn't even make these, it was like 106 games in one thing, and the clerk looks at it, and notices the back says "Ninfendo" and he proceeds to try to take a picture. but he complained about some resolution thing wrong with his phone. and the kid dissapointed as he only had $10 and he wanted a megaman game for $20. so the clerk says, ya know what I'll give you whataver I have in my pocket for it. so he proceeds to search his pockets and pulls out $10 and he says I'll give you $10 plus change. so the id takes it. and he pops it in his gameboy. he starts looking, and then he says some wierd pronunciation of naruto and I bust out laughing and he looks at me funny. then he says something about 99 red balloons. yeah I guess now that I think about it it isn't that funny, but I already typed it so here ya go.

bread's done
Back