Anyone ever order from the DELL OUTLET? (refurbished)

EastSide9

CAGiversary!
I want to buy an XPS from there, as it seems like there's some pretty good deals on refurbs. Anyone ever use it or hear about it?

I bought my laptop from there, not a single problem. Check Ebay for coupons to sweeten the deals. Also if you REALLLLLLLY want a great deal go to FW in the deal discussion forum and take the time to read the Dell outlet thread there. It contains info on how to set up programs to help "steal" all the best systems when they drop near the top and bottom of the hour. There is lots of Ebay resellers to compete with and it takes a bit of time to read and get it going but you can almost steal computers using coupons (depending on how good it is that month) and snatching up prime systems.

Enjoy.......

My current machine came from Dell's outlet. I got it at my house within 2 days of ordering, primarily because I'm 1.5 hours from Austin (Dell's HQ).

Machine has had no issues whatsoever. 'Course, given the track record with Dell machines, I make sure I've backed up all my data for any sort of possible problems.

But all in all, they have great prices on their stuff. The computer I hate (at the time I got it) was worth some $800 or so bucks if I had gone straight through Dell.com, but through their outlet, I paid $440 or so after coupons.

Awsome, thanks guys, I will definitely look into those coupons and such and try to get a good deal, i'll definitely order one tho.

[quote name='$hady']I bought my laptop from there, not a single problem. Check Ebay for coupons to sweeten the deals. Also if you REALLLLLLLY want a great deal go to FW in the deal discussion forum and take the time to read the Dell outlet thread there. It contains info on how to set up programs to help "steal" all the best systems when they drop near the top and bottom of the hour. There is lots of Ebay resellers to compete with and it takes a bit of time to read and get it going but you can almost steal computers using coupons (depending on how good it is that month) and snatching up prime systems.

Enjoy.......[/quote]

Competition is half the fun, though...and I've scored three systems using those tactics (a 60 dollar desktop, and a pair of 250 dollar laptops). Not for resale of course...family tends to be uber-cheap when it comes to needing more speed for their "games" and "intarnet".

Definitely keep an eye on FW, though...they're great at spotting those deals and finding every loophole known to man to get you the cheapest price.

Skip the outlet and spend a few weeks watching the Dell site and coupon threads. Gottdeal.com has a nice Dell coupon watcher. The best time to get any laptop or desktop is when they have a couple of free upgrades on the site and a $750 off $1500 purchase coupon. The last poweredge server I picked up for $2300 even though it normally ran $3800 thanks to a nice coupon and a free 2nd processor upgrade.

bread's done
Back