Anyone ever see Rise Against in concert?

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!
The wife and I are going to see them this weekend and we're not really sure what to expect. I really enjoyed their last album but have not heard anything else by them. I sort of got tickets on a whim, looking for something to do, haha.

I'm afraid we're going to look like two crusty, old, late-twenty-something fogies in a vast sea of similar looking, overdressed, angsty teens claiming to be deep and unique individuals who can use their powers of deepness to see beyond the iron curtain.

Ugh. Maybe I should've just bought tickets to Tears for Fears, Level 42, or Steely Dan...

You could just go and enjoy yourself without worrying what the other people look like / think about you. It's about the music, not impressing your fellow concert goers.

I've seen them at Warped and they were fantastic. They're one of the few bands that haven't significantly changed their sound, so you should be fine. Just have a good time and don't worry about the people around you.

Let us know how it was, thinking of seeing them when they hit Cincy later this year. I have never cared what the crowd is and honestly it's never usually what you expect anyway. People just like to get out with friends have some brews and enjoy themselves.

Not a huge fan and honestly don't think i've heard much of the newest cd but the previous ones are on my iPod and are pretty good.

They're definitely good live. We saw them with Bad Religion, so a good portion of the crowd (including us) consisted of thirtysomethings. Still, awesome show.

I went to see them at LA rising, they were having some sound problems but they fixed it pretty fast. They sound really good though extremely loud, I would recommend some ear plugs unless you are like those people that enjoy tinnitus.

I second the nod for ear plugs, I grabbed some Etymotic Research brand ones last year and they work great as far as reducing db but still hearing everything. it's not in any way dorky to have hearing loss, trust me. Some shows are just unreasonably loud, when I saw Incubus last year, it was loud to the point of distortion and the sound guys didn't seem to care.

As far as the crowd, I go to concerts a lot and there will be a trend visibly with who goes to see what band, but really I've seen all ages at all kinds of shows. I doubt you in your twenties will be anywhere near close to old.

Ive seen them prob 20-30 times in my life. Never could get into them after they left Fat Wreck Chords. Last time I saw them they were with Alkaline Trio and Death by Stereo. They are getting pretty tame in their old age. Nothing like how it was 10 years ago. I suggest the ear plugs but don't worry about being the old guy at the show. Late 20's is nothing. Im getting to my late 30's and still attend these types of shows. Just not too often anymore

I saw them almost 10 years ago with NOFX at some random club when they were touring in support of "Revolutions per Minute". That show was pretty fun, fast paced, and a small crowd of maybe 40 people.

Subsequently, that album was the last one that I actually enjoyed of theirs before they went too 'pop' for my taste.

You should have fun, though the crowd might be a bit younger and filled with Hot Topic wannabe punks.

bread's done
Back