Anyone ever sell guides to Amazon before? How picky are they?

I'm just wondering because once again I'm debating offloading some game guides that have somewhat stagnated on my trade list(s) to Amazon for credit.

Mind you I'd much rather CASH and for someone who is going to use
(or resell, I don't give a shit really as long as I get paid and they pay for shipping over and above the total)
the guides to get them instead of Amazon/NorAm/whoever is buying these books.

I've had a few offers on these but it seems like folks want you to state a price, when I'm more comfortable with them making an offer and if I think it's too low I reject it. It may seem rude to do it this way, but I go by what the market seems to dictate they're worth.

Anyway, here's the list and values Amazon are offering:

*Assassin's Creed LE artbook x3-$34.17
*Assassin's Creed guide-$4.60
*Batman: Arkham Asylum(Batman cover)x2-$8.14
*Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare-$2.85
*Call Of Duty: World At War-$1.45
*Dissidia Final Fantasy-$2.36
*Fallout 3(softcover) x2-$5.14
*Fossil Fighters-$1.00
*Kingdom Hearts 358/2-$4.90
*Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass x3-$11.94
*Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time x2-$4.66
*Star Ocean: First Departure-$2.40
*Star Ocean: The Last Hope x2-$6.36
*Suikoden Tactics x2-$1.30
*Tekken 6 x4-$5.55
*Wild Arms 4 x2-$1.34

Total so far is $98.16, which comes out to roughly $3.50 a book, which is not bad for what are basically dust collectors right now for me.

So how picky is Amazon or whoever is actually buying the books about condition? I'm just curious before I submit the trade and attempt to ship out, as I don't want to have half of the transaction rejected because of some microscopic flaw no normal human being would notice.

They are not picky at all.

I have traded in about 100 guides in total to them and only 1 of them was sent back because i accidentally took the slipcover off ( meaning they didnt have a SKU to scan).

Hope I helped.

EDIT: as far as condition goes, some of the guides i sent in had things such as little tears on the binding, and some even had cup stains where I placed a jack daniels drink on them lol and they still accepted them

I'm about to use Amazon's trade program for textbooks as they give more then the bookstore and in some cases more then they are selling for. I figure as long as pages are not ripped out and the cover is legible, you should be fine.

Yet again, for the second week straight IATCG is my hero of the week! And it's only Sunday!

Trade-in Summary:

Total Trade-in Value: $85.18
Total Units: 21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item No. Item Qty Value
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Sign 1 ISBN: 0744011485 $4.90
2 God of War III: Ultimate Editi 1 ISBN: 0744012007 $2.96
3 God of War Collection Official 2 ISBN: 074401185X $8.52
4 World of Warcraft Dungeon Comp 3 ISBN: 0744011086 $8.79
5 The Sims 3: World Adventures: 1 ISBN: 0307466590 $2.77
6 Mass Effect 2 Collectors' Edit 3 ISBN: 0307467082 $16.62
7 Assassin's Creed 2 Collector's 1 ISBN: 0761563253 $5.44
8 Star Ocean The Last Hope: Inte 1 ISBN: 0744012015 $9.95
9 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Sig 2 ISBN: 0744011167 $5.32
10 Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe: 1 ISBN: 0761561552 $0.30
11 Madden NFL 10: Prima Official 1 ISBN: 0761562710 $4.50
12 The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion 1 ISBN: 0307467422 $3.02
13 Scribblenauts: Prima Official 1 ISBN: 0307465500 $3.45
14 BioShock 2 Limited Edition Str 2 ISBN: 0744011639 $8.64
=========

I advise anyone with Madden 10 guides to trade them in ASAP since they are fetching $4.50/each!

Those are all extras I had that were sitting there, so I'm turning them into most of a beatles box set!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I have sent in some guides to them, they have had creases and some wear. All have been accepted.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I may have to add the one AC softcover guide back in. It had spine creasing on the top of the spine and I figured it was probably going to be worthless.

I also checked a medical terminology book(from 2004:lol:) that I used when I went back to college about 4-5 years ago and it's worth a whopping $.55.:lol: I think I'll be keeping that one. But I may actually try trading in some of the Star Trek novels and comic books that I have lying around if I can find them by checking via their ISBN's.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good to know. I may have to add the one AC softcover guide back in. It had spine creasing on the top of the spine and I figured it was probably going to be worthless.

I also checked a medical terminology book(from 2004:lol:) that I used when I went back to college about 4-5 years ago and it's worth a whopping $.55.:lol: I think I'll be keeping that one. But I may actually try trading in some of the Star Trek novels and comic books that I have lying around if I can find them by checking via their ISBN's.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, WKC guide is worth $.05

I wonder if that hardcover EA 25 years book is up on their site someplace. I couldn't find it for the life of me.

I submitted the list of trades now, so now I just have to find a huge enough box for 34 guides.:rofl: And maybe someone with some actual muscles to lug what is sure to be a 50+ lb box to UPS.:whistle2:#

Last edited by a moderator:
I've sent guides and textbooks, they ain't picky as long as the ISBN is right.

I wouldn't bother sending anything under $1 or $2 but I guess that depends on how bad you want it gone. Sometimes the prices are just awesome like in August when they were inexplicably giving $8 for Animal Crossing City Folk guides. :lol:

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I've sent guides and textbooks, they ain't picky as long as the ISBN is right.

I wouldn't bother sending anything under $1 or $2 but I guess that depends on how bad you want it gone. Sometimes the prices are just awesome like in August when they were inexplicably giving $8 for Animal Crossing City Folk guides. :lol:[/QUOTE]

See my mention of the current $4.50 TIV for Madden 10 guides :D

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I've sent guides and textbooks, they ain't picky as long as the ISBN is right.

I wouldn't bother sending anything under $1 or $2 but I guess that depends on how bad you want it gone. Sometimes the prices are just awesome like in August when they were inexplicably giving $8 for Animal Crossing City Folk guides. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Not quite as good as these two Harvest Moon guides(Animal Parade and Magical Melody, which are $14.40 and $12.10 respectively), which are almost trading in for cover price or HM: Tree Of Tranquility($21.25) .

Hell even Rune Factory(a guide from 2007) is trading in for almost $7.:whistle2:#

[quote name='dabamus']Yet again, for the second week straight IATCG is my hero of the week! And it's only Sunday!

*snip*

I advise anyone with Madden 10 guides to trade them in ASAP since they are fetching $4.50/each!

Those are all extras I had that were sitting there, so I'm turning them into most of a beatles box set![/QUOTE]

Ah, you could have sold me the God of War III Ultimate Edition guide, I would have paid for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not quite as good as these two Harvest Moon guides(Animal Parade and Magical Melody, which are $14.40 and $12.10 respectively), which are almost trading in for cover price or HM: Tree Of Tranquility($21.25) .

Hell even Rune Factory(a guide from 2007) is trading in for almost $7.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Or you could not cheat yourself and go the eBay route. One of those HM guides was above $60 a couple of weeks ago.

Whelp, that trade along with flipping 3 copies of Green Day Rock Band:wii: from Target means I'll be getting the Beatles Stereo box set for roughly $24.12 :D

[quote name='dabamus']Whelp, that trade along with flipping 3 copies of Green Day Rock Band:wii: from Target means I'll be getting the Beatles Stereo box set for roughly $24.12 :D[/QUOTE]

+ whatever you paid for the 3 Green Day Rock Bands if you haven't added that in.

[quote name='DarkRider23']+ whatever you paid for the 3 Green Day Rock Bands if you haven't added that in.[/QUOTE]

They are added in already. :D

~$23.xx for those 3 copies of GD RB:wii:, and then the $.22 for the guides. :D

[quote name='myl0r']a few days ago, the Assassin's Creed 1 LE guide was trading in for $25. Should have locked mine in.[/QUOTE]
:bomb: I wish I had kept checking Amazon's trade page for guides/books then too, since I ended up having to break up two LE bundles in order to get $15 apiece for them. Otherwise the bundle by itself is $4 or so.:roll:

Lucky for us Prima put UPC barcodes on both halves of the bundle at least, so we can trade them seperately and still make out. I'll take a $14+ 'profit' anyday for something I paid a penny for.:D:booty:

Now I just need to find a big enough box, double check the ISBN's on each guide I'm sending out and hope I don't herniate something lugging 30+ guides in a monster sized box to UPS.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I've been going over some of the guides I put on the list to trade and some still have price stickers on them from BB/GS as well as 1-2 that have stickers OVER the ISBN(since cashiers tend to try ringing up the guides from that one when the normal UPC comes up a penny).

My question is, does that matter(the price stickers and/or the sticker over the ISBN barcode)?

bread's done
Back