Anyone ever use a Zune Pass?

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I am trying to get a song, but nobody has the MP3 for sale, nor is the CD for sale anywhere (it's an older CD). However, Zune marketplace has the song listed, just not able to be purchased. If I was to get a zune pass, I get 10 free downloads, would I be able to use it on the song? I have no interest in the pass otherwise, which is why I ask if anybody has ever used it.

Yes, I looked at all of the major MP3 providers, which I said in the OP. I brought up Zune since they make it seem like I could listen to the songs if I had a pass, and was hoping I could download the song using the 10 free credits you get.

With the zune market place you should be able to get the song by using microsoft points. They dont make you get the zune pass just to buy a song. What song are you trying to purchase? I will check to see if I am able to buy it. Zune pass is pretty cool and well worth the price.

It's Illusive Consensus by Epica, either from the album "The Phantom Agony" or "We Will Take You With Us". There is a live version on "The Classical Conspiracy", but I do not like live songs very much so don't want it. Thanks for checking.

All they have is the live version for 79 ms points. Althought they list the studio version of the song in the market place it is not available for purchase thru points or thru a zune pass.

Alright thanks, didn't think it would work but figured it was worth a shot. As for that site, I have never heard of it before.

[quote name='Ryukahn']It's Illusive Consensus by Epica, either from the album "The Phantom Agony" or "We Will Take You With Us". There is a live version on "The Classical Conspiracy", but I do not like live songs very much so don't want it. Thanks for checking.[/QUOTE]

Word of advice, the zune pass is very hit and miss with metal/music not in the US. It all comes down to record label. It is nice though because you get free streaming, unlimited downloads (as long as they allow you to, some albums they don't) and you keep 10 songs a month.

[quote name='Ryukahn']It's Illusive Consensus by Epica, either from the album "The Phantom Agony" or "We Will Take You With Us". There is a live version on "The Classical Conspiracy", but I do not like live songs very much so don't want it. Thanks for checking.[/QUOTE]

Off topic a bit but what's so wrong about live recordings?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Off topic a bit but what's so wrong about live recordings?[/QUOTE]

I don't like listening to the crowd, and a lot of times the song sounds different. Many singers don't sound the same at all live (granted some sound exactly the same). Especially annoying is when they have the crowd sing along.

Studio acoustic stuff is fine though.

I've had a Zune Pass ever since MS created it... I love it. I love being able to hit the Zune Marketplace every Tuesday and download all the new releases. When they implemented the "keep 10 tracks a month free" policy it just sweetened an already awesome service.

bread's done
Back