Anyone get any grief for trading in two copies of a game at Gamestop?

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!
Has anyone gotten any grief for trading in two copies of the same game at the same time at Gamestop? I bought a game a while ago and I didn't like it and then I got the same game as a gift. Should I go in two separate times or just once? I guess it depends on he employee but I was just wondering. Thanks!

I saw a guy do it and they wouldnt take the games because they thought he was stealing them (he was). So take the original packaging off and I dunno don't look shady.

I've never truly gotten any grief there when I've traded. I don't really trade their that much, only here and there when they have a special sale or I have doubles, otherwise when I have doubles or want to trade, I go to Gamecrazy which I have found most of the time gives slightly better trade in prices. I know only once I got some grief at a Gamecrazy for trading in multiple copies of guides (all one cnet thanks to this site), but it was just some dumbass that was uptight. I find now that it isn't worth trading in at all to gamestop, EB, or gamecrazy since they give close to nothing for stuff that costed 20 or more dollars. If I must get rid of some games I have started to do it through Ebay or pawn shops are sometimes good,

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I can't imagine them giving you a problem. You wil just be ripping yourself off twice as bad by taking their shitty tradein prices.[/quote]

Well considering I got one game for really cheap ($7) and the other I got free ($0) and the credit that they'll give me is more than I paid for the game, I am not getting ripped off. And while we're on the topic of getting ripped off, at least I'm not going to EB with them :D.

I tried it at a Software Etc once with Dynasty Warriors 3 XL. got three copies for about 10-12 a piece, and the guy gave me a hard time cuz they were all sealed and thought they were stolen. EB gave me no such hard time and 18-20 credit for each (forget exactly how much now). Then again, I just take everything to Game Crazy now, all they say is "just remove the wrapping first". Or nothing at all, theyll remove it themselves and give me much better credit than anyone else.

have you tried putting them up for sale/trade on here first. if not you might want to try that first. then if you can't get anything on here i would try ebay or something like that.

I've never had any problem. Hell, Walmart didn't even care when I returned 2 copies of Zone of
Enders: Second Runner. I didn't even need to explain that I got them for christmas from family/friends and already had it. If they had no prob., I don't know why Gamestop would.

Yeah, usually I trade in stuff to FYE but they don't have the Nintendo 1019 Memory Card at my closest store. I forgot about Gamecrazy, I'll check the prices tomorrow. And yeah, always remove the wrapping when trading in a game because you get the same credit and it looks less suspicious. Does anyone know how much a Nintendo 1019 Memory Card is at Gamecrazy?

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan']have you tried putting them up for sale/trade on here first. if not you might want to try that first. then if you can't get anything on here i would try ebay or something like that.[/quote]

Too much hassle with the mailing and stuff. Thanks for the suggestion though.

MSRP is $35 for the 1019 memory card. I don't know if Game Crazy has lesser prices for accesorries like Wal-Mart and Target.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII'] And yeah, always remove the wrapping when trading in a game because you get the same credit and it looks less suspicious. [/quote]

What if the store refuses the trade in though? (at FYE for example, they have limits of how many used copies of a game they will take, like if the have 3 used copies of a game already, they might not take more)

I have been thinking about taking games to FYE for their great trade in credit values but don't want to take off the shrinkwrap in case they refuse to take them. So I am hesitant to trade in anything because I don't want them to think I stole anything.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='SoulEdgeVII'] And yeah, always remove the wrapping when trading in a game because you get the same credit and it looks less suspicious. [/quote]

What if the store refuses the trade in though? (at FYE for example, they have limits of how many used copies of a game they will take, like if the have 3 used copies of a game already, they might not take more)

I have been thinking about taking games to FYE for their great trade in credit values but don't want to take off the shrinkwrap in case they refuse to take them. So I am hesitant to trade in anything because I don't want them to think I stole anything.[/quote]

If you're really having doubts than I would just call and ask.

I ran into problems last week when I tried trading in 3 copies of Culdcept last week. Manager wouldn't do it at first but he made an exception because I wanted store credit and not cash.

Depending on the person who's letting you trade it in. Also if your not just a little kid then they might not give you a hard time. :lol:

bread's done
Back