Anyone get their extended warranty back for Microsoft?

andrew333

CAGiversary!
I sent in my warranty card with a check on Dec 1st and I just noticed that they have yet to cash the check.

Anyone else have the same thing happening?

[quote name='andrew333']I sent in my warranty card with a check on Dec 1st and I just noticed that they have yet to cash the check.

Anyone else have the same thing happening?[/QUOTE]

Mailed mine 11-25 and I've gotten the same results as you.

It doesn't have to be sent out within 10 days of buying does it? I remember seeing something about 10 days on the insert. You can wait until the 90 day warranty is up correct?

I ordered one for my Xbox on Dec 2nd, paid via CC, and the contract showed up in the mail on Monday, so it took two and a half weeks for it to show up. Mailed on the 13th or the 14th, if memory serves correctly.

I had a contract for my original xbox and never had any problems . I even transfered the contract from one xbox to another when I picked up one with a non thompson drive

[quote name='doubledown']Looks like they just charged mine today....Pending for $59.90....odd price.[/QUOTE]

i am still waiting -- what company trying to sell you something takes over 3 weeks to cash a check? pretty silly

I know that this is a little of the subject But I purchased a warranty thru Game Crazy for my Xbox360. The warranty starts after the initial 90 days that Microsoft covers. Today I asked the store manager If I could cancel because I want the 2 year warranty thru M$ instead of Gamecrazys 1 year warranty. I was told by the manager and corporate that they couldnt do that. Although there warranty hasn't went into effect I still cant cancel. I bought this warranty on launch day because we "had to purchase 4 items in order to get 360". To be honest I was not thinking about a warranty that night all I wanted was my 360. Is this a valid reason to be pissed or should I suck it up? I still would like to have a 2 year warranty.

[quote name='dmes65']I know that this is a little of the subject But I purchased a warranty thru Game Crazy for my Xbox360. The warranty starts after the initial 90 days that Microsoft covers. Today I asked the store manager If I could cancel because I want the 2 year warranty thru M$ instead of Gamecrazys 1 year warranty. I was told by the manager and corporate that they couldnt do that. Although there warranty hasn't went into effect I still cant cancel. I bought this warranty on launch day because we "had to purchase 4 items in order to get 360". To be honest I was not thinking about a warranty that night all I wanted was my 360. Is this a valid reason to be pissed or should I suck it up? I still would like to have a 2 year warranty.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation. CC wouldn't sell the systems unless you bought the 2 yr protection plan for $79.99. I emailed them complaining and they said a manager would contact me but they havent yet. I would rather get the M$ one for $20 cheaper but I don't want to send in the card and have TWO warranties if CC won't let me cancel. I only have a week before my 10 days is up and I can't purchase the M$ one though.. :whistle2:/

[quote name='dmes65']I know that this is a little of the subject But I purchased a warranty thru Game Crazy for my Xbox360. The warranty starts after the initial 90 days that Microsoft covers. Today I asked the store manager If I could cancel because I want the 2 year warranty thru M$ instead of Gamecrazys 1 year warranty. I was told by the manager and corporate that they couldnt do that. Although there warranty hasn't went into effect I still cant cancel. I bought this warranty on launch day because we "had to purchase 4 items in order to get 360". To be honest I was not thinking about a warranty that night all I wanted was my 360. Is this a valid reason to be pissed or should I suck it up? I still would like to have a 2 year warranty.[/QUOTE]

Check your local laws. In some states, service contracts cannot be refunded once purchased. In others, a refund can be given if it has not started yet. In others, a prorated portion can be refunded. I think you are screwed with gamecrazy though since it falls outside of the return period anyways.

If bought a service warranty at best buy on a TV about 5 years ago and then changed my mind the next day after I found it for much cheaper somewhere else. The store wouldn't refund my money (probably because he gave me a better deal on the TV if I bought the warranty)

However, I read the fine print in the terms and conditions of the warranty and I was able to convince Household Retail Services (BestBuy's Credit Card Company) to refund the money after sending them a letter and pointing out that I had the right to cancel the warranty.

If you paid via Credit Card, you may be able to weasel out of it by fighting it with the credit card company. Also, if you're a minor (under 18), I thought by law they have to return your money as legally you aren't old enough to enter into a contract.

I am waiting for the district manager to give me a call. I spend way to much money for him to not help me out. I just want to at least be able to add another year. Oh well we will see what happens in a couple of days.

Ok I'm starting to get a bit annoyed now. I may have to call Microsoft. It says "upon receipt of payment we will rush you a 360 service contract and the number to call for service". Well, I mailed it Nov 23rd ish, and they charged my credit card for it a couple weeks ago, and I still have no "service contract".

I'll give them a call this weekend.

[quote name='Shayde']It doesn't have to be sent out within 10 days of buying does it? I remember seeing something about 10 days on the insert. You can wait until the 90 day warranty is up correct?[/QUOTE]

Id like to know this as well because I received mine for Christmas.

[quote name='croc500']Id like to know this as well because I received mine for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

If you call them I'm pretty sure you don't have to.

I ordered my 360 on Dec 21st and it arrived on Dec 28th. On 1/3 I called M$ and asked if I could still get warrenty being sure to state I've only had the system for a few days. They asked for no verification of the shipment/order date and just told me I could do it.

I'm sure you could toss a few dates in there and then get your warrenty later.

Mailed it with a check on 12/14 and it was just cashed today. I just wrote a purchase date of 12/9 on it before mailing in because the thing sat in the box three weeks before was even opened.

[quote name='mmn']Ok I'm starting to get a bit annoyed now. I may have to call Microsoft. It says "upon receipt of payment we will rush you a 360 service contract and the number to call for service". Well, I mailed it Nov 23rd ish, and they charged my credit card for it a couple weeks ago, and I still have no "service contract".

I'll give them a call this weekend.[/QUOTE]

It would be great if you could let us know what they tell you. I sent mine out the day after launch and they charged my credit card a couple of weeks ago, but I have yet to recieve anything.

Oh well, it's enough to validate the contract now that they cashed it. I just want the terms of the contract. :)

I haven't received squat, but they sure had no problems cashing my check right away. I wish you could have signed up for this online instead of snail mail.

I've sent out the CC# to them sometime in late November and they have yet to use it to charge my account. Maybe I should give them a call soon.

I called two weeks ago and they said it showed on my account that they charged my CC # and had me down for the warranty and said to give another couple weeks for me to get the documentation in the mail. If it doesn't come by mid-Feb I'm going to call back and be pissed.

[quote name='ajh2298']UPDATE:

I got all my warranty info back today from Microsoft in the mail, if anyone cares.[/QUOTE]

What do they send and how long did it take.

i got a sam's club warranty for 39.99 for 3 years. it covers all the accessories that came with the bundle as well. sweeeet! it'll definitely pay for itself.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What do they send and how long did it take.[/QUOTE]

I sent it in on 12-01-05 they cashed the check on 12-19-05. You just get a letter telling you how great the warranty, is and then you get a green piece of paper that is your service contract and it has all the dates and serial numbers on it.

[quote name='ajh2298']I sent it in on 12-01-05 they cashed the check on 12-19-05. You just get a letter telling you how great the warranty, is and then you get a green piece of paper that is your service contract and it has all the dates and serial numbers on it.[/QUOTE]

My card was charged on 1/21 so I guess a month from now, I should see something. Thanks for the update.

[quote name='TC']Mailed it with a check on 12/14 and it was just cashed today01/04. I just wrote a purchase date of 12/9 on it before mailing in because the thing sat in the box three weeks before was even opened.[/QUOTE]

Damn I still haven't gotten anything back from them. Talk about slow. They must be using Pony Express.

I had the same problem. I had called in my order for the warranty the week of launch, my CC was immediately charged, yet I hadn't received any paperwork or verification. I got nervous so I called, and they were able to confirm and look up my contract number. So as long as it's in their system, you're golden, you don't need that paper contract. They also gave me an address to request a copy of the service contract - you have to specifically send a physical letter to request copy. And unfortunately, I don't have that address on hand right now to share with everyone. Sorry... :whistle2:(

Personally, I just wanted my physical contract in hand to know that I actually got something for my money spent.

My mail was "lost" I sent it out 12/16, never got charged, so I decided to give them a call and personally order it through a rep. I'm sure if u make some BS execuse they'll let u order the warranty whenever, just try to do it before the 90 day warranty period.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My card was charged on 1/21 so I guess a month from now, I should see something. Thanks for the update.[/QUOTE]

Got mine on Saturday, forgot to open it though. It says Microsoft Extended Service or something like that on the outside of the envelope.

bread's done
Back