Anyone get their Thundercats, Season 1, Disc 1 replacement disc yet?

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
I've been waiting for 2 months now, called twice, and both times they said "They're waiting for their shipment to come in - check back in two weeks." I'm guessing that means the shipment from China hasn't arrived yet. :roll:

Did anyone else call & request their replacement disc yet? Did you receive it? How long did it take? Thanks.

Sorry, should've posted that:

Thundercats Recall News
Replacement discs are now available for deficient Volume One DVDs.

December 14, 2005 - In September we reported a recall of Disc One of the Thundercats - Season One, Volume One DVD set due to missing background music on Episode Two, "The Unholy Alliance." On the eve of the release for the Season One, Volume Two set (reviewed here), Warner Brothers finally sent out replacement copies, which correct the audio deficiency. Instead of requesting the original discs as previously reported, however, Warner chose to mail replacement discs without receiving the original copies first (or at least never got ours).

After comparing both versions, the only noticeable variation between the two discs is the restored music on Episode Two, and a slight difference in disc design (a more modest grey outline on the Thundercats logo). Because the original episodes were broadcast in mono, this disc preserves the original audio format of the original broadcast, but adds the audio track featuring the score.

Like we did, you may receive a return envelope to send off your faulty disc, but there's no indication of a penalty or other such problem if you decided to keep it (or use it as a coaster or frisbee). Meanwhile, if you have not been able to replace your copy, or were not aware of the recall, contact Warner Home Video 1-800-553-6937 for a replacement.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/675/675644p1.html

On episode two, "Unholy Alliance", the entire soundtrack (except for the theme song and ending credits) is missing.

On my disc 1, EVERYTHING is missing after episode 1! :shock:

Like I watched episode 1 just fine, and (on 3 different DVD players) it said *CANNOT READ DISC* if I tried to play anything other than episode 1.

Guess I should call already...

[quote name='Gameboy415']Oh snap! I forgot to call about it! :shock:

Think its too late? (I got the set back in like OCTOBER....)[/QUOTE]

No. You had a friend who bought the set too, and told you he'd sent it in. Hearing about how he hasn't received his replacement, you were reluctant to send it until he got his first.

[quote name='4rapier']have they sent out box sets fixed yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe so.

Hey someone who lives close to Thunda... I mean California want to ship their "extra" disk to a CAG amigo? :bouncy:

I did see that episode w/o music and, oddly, even though I love the Thundercats musical cues/pieces it was fun to hear it w/o music. Really different vibe.

I just got that piece of TC's music in my head that plays when Liono is not fighting but probably about to run into some spit pretty quick.

BUM BUM BUM! BUM BUM BUM!

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Hey someone who lives close to Thunda... I mean California want to ship their "extra" disk to a CAG amigo? :bouncy:

I did see that episode w/o music and, oddly, even though I love the Thundercats musical cues/pieces it was fun to hear it w/o music. Really different vibe.

I just got that piece of TC's music in my head that plays when Liono is not fighting but probably about to run into some spit pretty quick.

BUM BUM BUM! BUM BUM BUM![/QUOTE]
I think you have to send in your defective disc, right? That's what I had to do with my BttF DVDs. I'm considering just keeping my messed up disc one, I agree with you, it's just kinda bizzare and fun in a weird way. :)

[quote name='daroga']I think you have to send in your defective disc, right? That's what I had to do with my BttF DVDs. I'm considering just keeping my messed up disc one, I agree with you, it's just kinda bizzare and fun in a weird way. :)[/QUOTE]

The lady I talked to said that I would receive the disc with an envelope to send back the defective one, but ign was saying there doesnt seem to be a penalty if you keep the defective disc.

[quote name='pinoy530']The lady I talked to said that I would receive the disc with an envelope to send back the defective one, but ign was saying there doesnt seem to be a penalty if you keep the defective disc.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've heard the same thing.

Thanks for this thread... I had no idea. I bought this over the winter, watched the first episode which was messed up (skipped 7 minutes in), so got a new one, watched the first episode again, but never got around to watching the next episode, apparently.

[quote name='botticus']Thanks for this thread... I had no idea. I bought this over the winter, watched the first episode which was messed up (skipped 7 minutes in), so got a new one, watched the first episode again, but never got around to watching the next episode, apparently.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good luck though getting the replacement disc. It's been over 2 months for me now...:cry:

[quote name='E-Z-B']Yes, I've heard the same thing.[/quote]

No no no.. don't send it IN! They'll just bury them with the E.T. cartidges!

send them to your CAGmigos :)

I just called and was told that they were "working on it" and they'll "be doing a mailing this Friday."

We'll see... I'm optimistic though, based on reports that others have received replacement Thundercats discs in the past.

-Jeremy

[quote name='ITDEFX']i forget, is season 2 the season where they introduce the new thundercats? like the blind one, the one that looks like tirgra, snarfs nephew and so on?[/quote]

it's all about pumyra... she was fricking HOT. cheetara can blow. frickin smokers voice and, boy talk about if you don't like freckles, ugh.

pumyra_ch2.jpg

Well, I called again two weeks ago, and they said the disc was shipping out either 4/3 or 4/4. It's 4/12 now, and still no disc. WTF kind of operation are they running over there?? It's freakin' Warner Bros, not some ma & pa shop.

BTW - Season 2, Volume 1 comes out next week. BB is running a sale on S1V1 and S1V2 for $28 next week as well.

New update: I called again, and now they're giving me some story where they're moving to some new building, and it won't be shipped until the end of the month. :bomb:

Not sure if anyone cares, but I called again today. They said that they were in process of sending them out today. So hopefully I'll get it in a week.

15 weeks so far...

Just looked up this thread yesterday, but then I played through the entirety of Disc 1 and mine is fine. I guess I hit a later shipment that had already fixed the problem. Good luck though.

I called WHV again today and was told that the replacement discs were "shipped out first-class mail on Friday and Monday" and that I should be receiving it "very shortly." I asked to confirm that I was included in the shipment and the CS representative I spoke with asked for my zip code and told me my name and address and confirmed that my disc went out. So hopefully it should just be a matter of time. We'll see...

-Jeremy

My disc arrived today. Hot damn, 17 weeks to get it. They said it would take 4-6 weeks. Yeah, right.

Still have to test it out yet, though...

I got my replacement disc in the mail today! Hooray! :D

It might have taken about 5 and a half months, but at least it finally arrived. Good luck to anyone still waiting.

-Jeremy

bread's done
Back