anyone getting a vita?

It definitely seems like the PS Vita is going to experience what the 3DS experienced... The sales numbers for the Vita right now in Japan are disappointing. The PSP beat the Vita in its second weak! Now now, I really do like the Vita, but I wouldn't go out and buy it day one. I think it will be getting a price cut, then again, it is Sony, but if sales are really horrible and it looks like it is getting beat out by the 3DS, then I think they'll do something about it at least.

Getting one for sure. I am sure I will enjoy several games and I leave the console speculation metagame to the forums.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']It definitely seems like the PS Vita is going to experience what the 3DS experienced... The sales numbers for the Vita right now in Japan are disappointing. The PSP beat the Vita in its second weak! Now now, I really do like the Vita, but I wouldn't go out and buy it day one. I think it will be getting a price cut, then again, it is Sony, but if sales are really horrible and it looks like it is getting beat out by the 3DS, then I think they'll do something about it at least.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you check sales, the PSV is right on target with the PSP for week-2 sales...that said, the Vita only had 2 days for it's first week, so we have a 9-day total for sales at about 400k units. Not too bad. I imagine the NA/EUR launch will be far better as the games released in Japan are quite western at their core. Uncharted will likely be the system seller here in the states.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']It definitely seems like the PS Vita is going to experience what the 3DS experienced... The sales numbers for the Vita right now in Japan are disappointing. The PSP beat the Vita in its second weak! Now now, I really do like the Vita, but I wouldn't go out and buy it day one. I think it will be getting a price cut, then again, it is Sony, but if sales are really horrible and it looks like it is getting beat out by the 3DS, then I think they'll do something about it at least.[/QUOTE]

it shouldn't be surprising to see PSP do well in Japan, it has been doing great all year with tons of new games.

Both the Playstation 3 and PSP had really slow starts, especially the PS3 when compared to the Wii and the 360.

Where is it now? About ~2-3 million units behind the 360 despite launching a year behind and everyone has since stopped talking about it.

Apparently, the gaming community has an unhealthy OCD about "The Sky is Falling."

[quote name='Ecofreak']Both the Playstation 3 and PSP had really slow starts, especially the PS3 when compared to the Wii and the 360.

Where is it now? About ~2-3 million units behind the 360 despite launching a year behind and everyone has since stopped talking about it.

Apparently, the gaming community has an unhealthy OCD about "The Sky is Falling."[/QUOTE]

Truth. Really there's plenty of reasons people don't jump to by new systems right away, fear of faulty hardware, or just the simple fact that they are waiting for a particular game to come out, since launch games are few and new games can be far between for awhile. The sales will pick up, just like the 3ds has been.

No thanks.

I won't be purchasing anything that will be in last place anymore. $250 and it still requires a memory card? Pass. Canceled my pre-order long ago.

It is definitely a great launch lineup, best I can think of ever maybe. I went to hand in my cash for pre-order today, and realized that I don't really want any of those launch games. That isn't a comment on their quality, just not excited for any of them. I have interest in Uncharted, but so close to UC3, I don't feel the need for more right now.

I keep thinking over and over that Dark Souls would get me to buy this game. 80 hours into that game, and I can't seem to find enough time to play it. Having a portable version would solve that issue! From what I have heard Monster Hunter is like Dark Souls, but I tried one of them on PSP and wasn't nuts about it. While I doubt Dark Souls is headed to Vita, I suspect Monster Hunter will be. Maybe that will get me to jump.

~S

I got a Vita in Japan over New Years... It is cool, but I'm selling it on EBay now... (It just hit reserve and has 2 hours left)

bread's done
Back