Anyone going to camp at Meijer?? Probablilties of success at Meijer?

dahermitt

CAGiversary!
I am thinking about camping at Mijer for the wii. Anyone else going to also? Anyone camp at Meijer and not receive a console?

I'm about an hour down 131 from you. (Three Rivers) You might have decent success at Meijer. Haven't heard exactly what their plan is right now but I can give you the run down what happened for the 360 launch. Seems every store is different.

Three Rivers Meijers - Had a line that formed around 8 pm, about 4 hours prior to the console being launched. Good thing is that you got to line up IN DOORS and it was midnight launch.

Kalamazoo Westnedge - Said they were going to do a line but instead did a ticket system. Handed out the tickets on a first come first serve basis.

Kalamazoo Shaver - Had a line like the Three Rivers store.

I'm hoping that Meijers get's plenty so I can score one there for 10% because of my roommate working there. Who knows though. I'm not gonna go crazy if I don't get the system that night / morning.

Now keep in mind the PS2 launch they had a bunch of waiters maybe 20-40 or so. They had in 15 systems if I remember correctly and everyone got a raffle ticket and it was random.... This is 5 years later so thats probably an old way of doing it but it has been done there before...

OK, thx for the info. I actually worked at a Meijer for the xbox 1 launch, and they had maybe 6-8 people in line at midnight and everyone got an xbox. I think it depends on which Meijer you go to. I think i'm going to go to Meijer on Sat night and if i dont have any luck, I'll head to CC to camp.

I heard that CC is getting 10% of the launch allocation and that averages about 95 wiis per store.

My brother works at Kmart. Obvisously they aren't shipping on Sunday, so they should be at the stores either Friday Night or Saturday during the day. HOPEFULLY I will be able to score one early.

I will be getting in my car at about 11:30 this saturday, drive to the local Meijer near my house, and walk to the back of the store. If they have them for sale at 12:00. Great. If they don't, I'll do my grocery shopping. I'm not about to wait, camp or any of that other silliness.

[quote name='Bigsauce']
Kalamazoo Westnedge - Said they were going to do a line but instead did a ticket system. Handed out the tickets on a first come first serve basis.
[/quote]

I am hoping this is what they do for the PS3. I have an exam on thursday, so there is little to no way I will be in line in time to camp out anywhere. It's worth trying my luck showing up at 11:30 at Meijer to see if I can win a raffle.

[quote name='JSweeney']I will be getting in my car at about 11:30 this saturday, drive to the local Meijer near my house, and walk to the back of the store. If they have them for sale at 12:00. Great. If they don't, I'll do my grocery shopping. I'm not about to wait, camp or any of that other silliness.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm excited about the system but not nearly as excited as I was about my 360. Gears and CoD3 will keep me busy until I see a Wii at Meijers or something. I get 10% off and that will help alittle. I was thinking maybe they are gonna have their Santa Bucks soon. Maybe I'll be waiting for that also.

At the 360 launch my Meijer got 4 units in, and they had 4 people waiting in line by 5pm.

I have heard a lot of the stores do raffles

bread's done
Back