Anyone have an extra Halo:ODST Sgt. Johnson code (got screwed at TRU)

NJMane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
118 (100%)
So I went and picked up my Pre-ordered copy of Halo ODST at TRU this morning at 10:05am and they were out of the free figures and claimed to have no idea about the pre-order bonus so I got pretty screwed IMO.

Anyways does anyone have an extra code for Sgt. Johnson? I know that everyone is going be playing as him but I wanted to as well. Please pm me. Thanks.

EDIT: I did receive a code from fellow CAG: MrFriday18 . TRU never got back to me about the code or the figure so as I said after using up the $20 GC I will not be shopping at TRU again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone willing to help me out?

BTW I emailed TRU support though I doubt that anything will come of it. If it were not for the fact that my local BB does not PM gift cards I would not even be shopping at TRU :cry::cry:

[quote name='MrFriday18']please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you a working code. I have two of them so can give one to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am emailing you now.

EDIT: Email sent

EDIT 2: Got the code and redeemed.Thank you so much. fuck Toys'R'Us. As soon I get rid of this $20 gift card I am not shopping at TRU anymore. I will PM at Wal-Mart from now on (since my Best Buy is a bitch). :end: rant.

If anyone else got screwed by TRU post here and maybe a nice fellow CAG will help you too.

I also didnt get mine. I reserved it sunday and he said he didnt have one but his boss? did who would be there all day today. Just go back and didnt get a code. Could someone help me out?

I didn't get mine either :( I just sent TRU corporate a nasty-gram...

If anyone has a spare code, I will give it a good home.

You are not alone. My local Toys R Us was giving the pre-oder codes to the first people that walked in the door instead of saving them for those that pre-ordered. I am also one of the unlucky people who pre-ordered there and did not get a code. I doubt there will be many willing to part with them, but I figured I'd add myself to the list of those wanting a code if someone has an extra they would be willing to part with.

I also purchased 2 from TRU and was screwed out of the code and the figure! They didn't even know what we were talking about! If anyone has at least one to spare, please, please consider me!!
Thank you!

[quote name='artic fishy']I also purchased 2 from TRU and was screwed out of the code and the figure! They didn't even know what we were talking about! If anyone has at least one to spare, please, please consider me!!
Thank you![/QUOTE]

Did anyone who had problems show them the add? They usually have them posted by the door.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Did anyone who had problems show them the add? They usually have them posted by the door.[/QUOTE]

They actually had the ad on the counter when I went to pick my pre-order up. I asked them about the Sgt. Johnson code and the employee told me those were given out this morning with the figures. When I explained those were a reward intended for the pre-orders of the game he just said "Oh well" and moved on to the next person. They handled this so poorly IMO. I will never pre-order from TRU again if this is how they treat those willing to pre-order.

You guys act like this only happens at TRU. Most of my experiences with places like Gamestop have resulted in me not getting my preorder item.

[quote name='artic fishy']I also purchased 2 from TRU and was screwed out of the code and the figure! They didn't even know what we were talking about! If anyone has at least one to spare, please, please consider me!!
Thank you![/QUOTE]

Damn, not even the figure? I'd return everything.

[quote name='Gosha']You guys act like this only happens at TRU. Most of my experiences with places like Gamestop have resulted in me not getting my preorder item.[/QUOTE]

In this particluar case it seems to be specific to Toys R Us, but you are right. This happens with every retailer. It just seems Toys R Us is the worst of the retailers and the most consistent with not honoring the pre-order bonuses IMO. I remember similar problems with the Mario Coin bonus for Super Mario Galaxy at my local Toy R Us. Either way, it is just disappointing to me as I really was looking forward to playing with the Sgt. Johnson character which is why I decided to pre-order.

I didn't recieve the code as well...
they were out of figures, yet when i asked about it they took down my name/number and said they'd call when they get more in...

[quote name='NightWing228']did anyone get their code from amazon because im still waiting on it[/QUOTE]

I believe the Amazon page mentioned they have up to 10 days after you order ships to send the code.

[quote name='Wulfshake']I didn't recieve the code as well...
they were out of figures, yet when i asked about it they took down my name/number and said they'd call when they get more in...[/QUOTE]

Yeah... i missed out too... I got there and they said that they only received 8 of them (and they couldn't find them)... but 8 people had already written their name/number down so i wouldn't be able to get one.

If anyone has an extra they would share, I'd appreciate it.

I bought mine from GameStop, but they still didn't have any codes to offer.

I did not get the action figure nor the pre-order code from TRU here in Fort Collins CO. I'm a bit bummed considering I canceled my Amazon order to get in on this deal. They claimed to know nothing about the code, even after I asked if the code was included as I was pre-ordering and they confirmed it was. And the action figure they claimed they only got 3, and were all gone. Even though I was the first person there this morning. TRU has some greedy employees here. So if anyone has an extra code it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, Van Nuys, CA store didn't know about the Sgt Johnson code AND they sold out of the figures within 1 hr. I called 2 other stores (Northridge and Woodland Hills) and they both sold out of their figures within an hour and didn't know about the codes.

The manager of the TRU in Van Nuys is emailing corp to try and fix the code issue, but the action figure situation dead in the water.

When I talked to corp, they just claimed it was limited and I was like "This is a sale, going on ALL week and you provided only enough figures to sell out in 1 hr at 3 stores". Of course, the rep didn't know what to say to that. I told them that would be the last time I pick up games based on
pre-order content at a TRU.

Looks like they stole the Gamestop playbook for "selling to gamers" (Can anyone say Scribblenaught Rooster Hat) :drool:

[quote name='ktims777']I have 2 codes @ $4 each via paypal[/QUOTE]

You're asking $4 for something you got for $0? That's pretty lame, especially considering we're expressing how greedy/ignorant TRU's employees are. I got a Rookie figure, but didn't get a code.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']You're asking $4 for something you got for $0? That's pretty lame, especially considering we're expressing how greedy/ignorant TRU's employees are. I got a Rookie figure, but didn't get a code.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same things. There's tons of eBay sellers selling these that even say in the description, "My friend works at Gamestop and he handed my like 100 of these.", and they're selling them for $10 a piece, while other people are getting ripped off because of people like his friend that give away stacks, or keep stacks for themselves, just to sell them at outrageous prices.

I'm sure a lot of people that went to TRU got shafted because of something like that happening. I mean, why can't these people just give them away to people who got shafted instead of making a profit on something they paid nothing for, and did no work coming accross except happening to have the right job, or the right friend?

I mean, look at this...it's one of the images from one of the eBay auctions...just has all those codes for free and somehow feels right selling them for $7.50 a piece to people who got fed the line, "Oh, sorry, we've already given all the codes away. I decided to give yours to my friend so he could sell it for $10."

vo8ydu.jpg

[quote name='NightWing228']did anyone get their code from amazon because im still waiting on it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just got my code from Amazon about an hour ago, even though I still haven't received my game yet. Chose release date delivery which has always been delivered on time before but for some reason it got held up today. At one point it said it was scanned in at my city, and then that disappeared and it said it was delayed in Los Angeles, and then about 9PM it said scanned in my city again...not sure what happened. Still, I got a $6 shipping refund, so that put my game at about $25 after all the other promo's, so I'm just as happy...should be delivered today.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous how greedy people can be. Anyone who pays $5 or a similar exchange for this FREE code is a moron. I'll just wait until someone is nice enough to help me out. Remember the code does literally nothing to change the gameplay.

Wow, now I got another $9 off because apparently the price changed from $59.99 to $50.99 before it was released. So, now, it's only cost me $16 dollars...this game is getting cheaper and cheaper and I haven't even played it yet.

[quote name='ferrari91169']Wow, now I got another $9 off because apparently the price changed from $59.99 to $50.99 before it was released. So, now, it's only cost me $16 dollars...this game is getting cheaper and cheaper and I haven't even played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Did you get a confirmation yet that they were reducing the charge to your account/issuing a credit?

hey friends, i'd love a sgt. johnson code --- email is [email protected]

thanks in advance if anyone's willing to help me out --- that eBay-related post above is just infuriating ... i didn't get mine from Gamestop b/c they were "out" but that's probably what happened ...

[quote name='ferrari91169']I was thinking the exact same things. There's tons of eBay sellers selling these that even say in the description, "My friend works at Gamestop and he handed my like 100 of these.", and they're selling them for $10 a piece, while other people are getting ripped off because of people like his friend that give away stacks, or keep stacks for themselves, just to sell them at outrageous prices.

I'm sure a lot of people that went to TRU got shafted because of something like that happening. I mean, why can't these people just give them away to people who got shafted instead of making a profit on something they paid nothing for, and did no work coming accross except happening to have the right job, or the right friend?

I mean, look at this...it's one of the images from one of the eBay auctions...just has all those codes for free and somehow feels right selling them for $7.50 a piece to people who got fed the line, "Oh, sorry, we've already given all the codes away. I decided to give yours to my friend so he could sell it for $10."

vo8ydu.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Before you complain about me selling a couple of codes i was given by friends who dont have interest in playing multiplayer and are letting me sell them cause I am currently unemployed, maybe do a little research and see that the pic you posted above is from a CAG member named Dabamus that got his hands on 42 codes and sold them here and on ebay.

agreed, I recently sold a Juggernaught code since I had an extra and I also got laid off 6 months ago and still see no real job coming anytime soon. If it wasn't for the layoff, I would have just given it away for free. Keep in mind, I also offered trades for the code and happily sold it for $5 (which anything more would be completely unfair and I wouldn't have allowed someone to try and pay me something insane for it). I simply wanted to recoupe some of my loss on a $60 title since I am unemployed.

Granted, I agree on the pic above, that is a sick amount of unlock codes and selling one character unlock for $7.50-$10 is hella lame. He should seriously give a few out to CAG people who got screwed on the TRU deal (like me, but I got one from a buddy at a GS, so I don't need it) and then he should sell the rest to those who simply opted out (for a reasonable fee). Everyone wins and there is good Karma for everybody.

I'd seriously recommend you guys take a printout of Bungie's original post of the preorder bonus and take it back to your local TRU store. You might actually get a cool manager like I did who cares about helping customers and will call Microsoft and get a code. MS will give the Johnson code to stores if they call. I've seen it happen.

And, if you would rather buy a code, $2 for a code is a steal of a price with them going on ebay for much more.

Spartanburg, SC. Got screwed over for Sgt. Johnson too. Also, the four rednecks, (really rednecks, no joke, and no offense) didnt know how to use my preorder card I got from them. They ended up just giving me 5 dollars. Got the $20 GC and figure though....Really disappointed in TRU's participation.

I preordered from Toys R Us as well and picked it up on release but they didn't give me the code at all. I was told to check back today when I pressured them for the code when I was picking up the game, but when I came back today they either had no idea about the code altogether or had given them away and were lying to me about it. Does anyone happen to have an extra? Thanks if you can help me out.

Picked up 2 copies from 2 different Toys R Us in Jersey. No codes, No figures.

If anyone has acquired a code that they don't need PM me too. Thanks cheapassgamers.

[quote name='ktims777']Before you complain about me selling a couple of codes i was given by friends who dont have interest in playing multiplayer and are letting me sell them cause I am currently unemployed, maybe do a little research and see that the pic you posted above is from a CAG member named Dabamus that got his hands on 42 codes and sold them here and on ebay.[/QUOTE]

A couple is fine...I'm not saying anything about that, and I knew someone would say something about that, I was just waiting to respond. If you buy your game and get your code but you don't necessarily want Sgt. Johnson, fine, sell him, I see no problem with that. But just getting 100 codes handed to you by a friend and selling them for $10 while other people aren't getting a code that's RIGHTFULLY theirs, is just wrong.

If you can honestly go through your day feeling good making $10 off free codes, fine, but I wouldn't be able to. I mean, would you go to a place where they give you free peppermints, take all their peppermints, and then go sell them to people for a quarter each? That'd basically be like doing the same thing. But anyway, say you walk into Gamestop to find that the employee just gave 100-200 of the DLC codes to his friend so he can resell them, and now they're out of codes, so you don't get one. You'd be okay with that?

Oh, and he's not much of a CAG. I true CAG wouldn't steal from other CAG's and then sell the items they stole for $10 each, which, in retrospect, is what he did. I'm not saying he stole from the exact CAG's posting in this thread, but there very well could've been people going into that Gamestop or whatever store he got them from, and not receiving their code because they were out, hence, he stole, though indirectly, from a fellow CAG.

[quote name='drduranduran']agreed, I recently sold a Juggernaught code since I had an extra and I also got laid off 6 months ago and still see no real job coming anytime soon. If it wasn't for the layoff, I would have just given it away for free. Keep in mind, I also offered trades for the code and happily sold it for $5 (which anything more would be completely unfair and I wouldn't have allowed someone to try and pay me something insane for it). I simply wanted to recoupe some of my loss on a $60 title since I am unemployed.

Granted, I agree on the pic above, that is a sick amount of unlock codes and selling one character unlock for $7.50-$10 is hella lame. He should seriously give a few out to CAG people who got screwed on the TRU deal (like me, but I got one from a buddy at a GS, so I don't need it) and then he should sell the rest to those who simply opted out (for a reasonable fee). Everyone wins and there is good Karma for everybody.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I'm saying. If you actually pre-ordered two games, go ahead and sell the code(s) you don't want. If you didn't want/need Juggernaut, why keep it, just sell it and make some money back on your game purchase, but don't pick 100 codes up for free just so you can sell them when there's the chance you're going to be stealing from someone in the long run. And keep in mind, the people buying these codes are people that got jipped off in the first place, probably because of the employee's giving away too many of the codes to their friends for free.

In other words, when you pre-order a game with a FREE pre-order bonus, that's not what it really is. It's more of a way to let you know there'll be some codes up on eBay for some DLC for the game, because you'll only actually get your code that you deserve if you get lucky.

But like I said, if you pre-order 50 Halo: ODST's, then the codes are yours, and I say go ahead and sell them, that's fine, but just going in to a store and having them given to you for free, for nothing, even if you didn't pre-order the game or don't even own the console the game is on, that's just wrong.

The way I look at pre-order bonuses is that they actually are part of what you're paying. So say you pay $60 for the game, then say the Sgt. Johnson code is $5 of that, or $10, so when you don't get the code, it's like you spent $5-$10 and got nothing. So, if you do get the code, go home and sell it if you want, you spent $5-$10 on it, why not sell it if you don't want it. Just like if you were to buy an Xbox 360 and it came with a 12+1 month card as a bonus, I don't expect you to give it away, I would deduct the $50 from the cost of the console, and then resell it to get some money back.

But yeah, selling one or two codes you get, that you actually pre-ordered the content for, is fine, and I even suggest doing it so you pay a little less for your game, but stealing from other people and then charging them for the items you stole from them is a pretty fucked up move.

I'll jump on board...

If anyone has an extra code they'd be will to give out, I'll take it off their hands! =) Thanks guys.

bread's done
Back