Anyone have any reccomendations for a cheap hdmi switch?

el swordo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My tv has 2 hdmi ports, 1 component, 1 dvi, and one vga port.   I'm planning on keeping my ps3 when the ps4 comes out and just ordered some component cables on monoprice to move my direct tv receiver to that.  So I will only have 1 hdmi port free and I plan on getting both ps4 and xbox one eventually.  So what I'm looking for is a cheapish hdmi switch so that I have more options.  A dvi adaptor isn't an option since I'm using that for my htpc.   Any reccomenations? 

I got the pigtail switch (i think) from Monoprice with auto switching and remote.  It works pretty well, but every once in awhile it doesn't automatically switch over and I have to mess with the remote a bit to get it working.  Annoying but workable.  The device called for higher quality HDMI cables (which I got, not Monster brand, but higher quality Monoprice cables which were still cheap) so keep that in mind when looking at product descriptions.

I went ahead and ordered this http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011001&p_id=8149&seq=1&format=2 I don't mind having to push a button. Too bad I didn't order it at same time I ordered the compopnent cables to save on shipping but oh well.
The info page says "It will automatically switch to whichever input is receiving power and has a button to switch between active inputs." Do you plan to keep the ps3 running while you play ps4?

Not particularly.   I just got it in today and played with it a bit.   Seems to only switch automatically if there is nothing else on.   Edit.  Played with it a little more this morning.   When I turn on the ps3 it automatcially switched to my ps3.  When I turn it off it switches to my cable box. But not the other way around because I believe that the cable box is more of a sleep mode then off

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back