Anyone have NBA Street Showdown yet?

JDMxB

CAGiversary!
Just looking for some initial impressions--it seemed slow and choppy in the videos that have been posted, but would like some actual first hand experiences.

Thanks

[quote name='JDMxB']Just looking for some initial impressions--it seemed slow and choppy in the videos that have been posted, but would like some actual first hand experiences.

Thanks[/QUOTE] I too saw some videos on G4TechTV and I agree...it looked quite unimpressive. I can't believe they allowed those clips to air...it looks so choppy.

Here is a review from GameSpy.

Just picked it up at EB with some GC I got from before, I might see what Gamespot and IGN give it to see if I want it or not.

I got it yesterday. It gives me a headache to play. The graphics aren't choppy, but the models are unbelievably pixelated. The controls are somewhat laggy too... personally I don't recommend it.

Aww, well this buts my wanting of teh PSP... I was gonna get this with it, but since its not looking too good, and well ,the only games that I care for are coded arms and GTa, I think its best to save up for ps3 or xbox 2.

Maybe ill buy one when psps is cheaper.

Well... if you're a hardcore Street fan, and you can get past the asstastic graphics, obsolete rosters (this is the deal-breaker for me), and can get used to the controls, give it a try. If only there was some place to rent UMDs.

Did the 989 hockey or soccer title have that much pixellation? I haven't played either, but it's gotta be possible to have moving figures in a game without that distraction.

[quote name='magilacudy']Well... if you're a hardcore Street fan, and you can get past the asstastic graphics, obsolete rosters (this is the deal-breaker for me), and can get used to the controls, give it a try. If only there was some place to rent UMDs.

Did the 989 hockey or soccer title have that much pixellation? I haven't played either, but it's gotta be possible to have moving figures in a game without that distraction.[/QUOTE]

is it like voulume 3? cause volume 3 was dissapointing.

[quote name='magilacudy']I thought it was more like Volume 2, with the graphical themes of Volume 3.[/QUOTE]

Is it worth buying a psp for? cause it will be the only game I have for like a while.

[quote name='help1']Is it worth buying a psp for? cause it will be the only game I have for like a while.[/QUOTE]

well magilcudy listed quite a few reasons why it's not that great already. as well as other site reviewers, so I doubt that it's work getting PSP for.

I was looking forward to this game as well, but not anymore

[quote name='magilacudy']I got it yesterday. The graphics aren't choppy, but the models are unbelievably pixelated. The controls are somewhat laggy too... personally I don't recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I played it yesterday, a friend of mine bought it and I would have to agree with the above post. The models are decent but the controls were very unresponsive and I also felt the opening load time took to long.

I also tried out MLB yesterday and found that it was much better title than NBA street. I enjoyed it a lot more and the running commentary in the game is real good. The only thing I did not like about the game is the player have four shadows. You have to see it to understand but it looks like a possible code error were the shadows come from each angle, front/back/left/right very weird but game play was solid from what I can tell. I am thinking about picking it up.

Thanks fellas--looks like another title i'll be steering clear of!

Hopefully EA ups it's game as far as PSP titles go...everything so far has been pretty dissapointing. Maybe Madden 06 will change that?

Fifa soccer was hugely dissapointing. That game was the make or break game for me to get a PsP. Now I have to wait for a good soccer game before I want a PsP. :(

[quote name='magilacudy']If only there was some place to rent UMDs.[/QUOTE]

gamefly.com rents 'em out.. my local Hastings does as well..

[quote name='Scorch']gamefly.com rents 'em out.. my local Hastings does as well..[/QUOTE]

Doh, wish I knew that. Would've saved me $50 game bucks.

[quote name='Scorch']gamefly.com rents 'em out.. my local Hastings does as well..[/QUOTE]

I've heard that the Blockbusters with GameRush are renting them out also.

i rented it today at blockbuster and i wasn't that impressed with it. its kind of hard to focus on it and see whats really happening because the screen is so small. im just glad that i rented it before i shelled out $50

I played a friend of mines copy today at school--it was better than I imagned, but still not worth 50 bucks for me, especially since i've played Street 1/2/3 already.

He loves Fifa though, but he does realize it skips frames here and there.

i bought it yesterday and i really like it
i have v3 but i've never played it but i really liked v2
the graphics are pretty pixilated but it doesn't really bother me after playing it for a little while
maybe it's just because i haven't played v2 or v3 lately that i don't notice the controls being slow? idk, i recommend the game though

bread's done
Back