Anyone have the 23" Samsung LCD?

ighosty

CAGiversary!
I have be eyeing the 23" Samsung LCD for many months now and have just noticed a drop in its price. It used to be around 650 on many sites, but now has dropped to 500 on amazon. They are also giving free shipping and a Samsung up-converting dvd player for free with purchase.

My questions are to anyone who has the set. It has gotten good reviews at any site I look at, but I am wondering how the set looks for gaming. I have a X360 and a PS3 and am looking to put this set in my bed room. Also, does the picture look good for normal cable channels, because I have read that some sets have poor displays for non-HD channels,

I second the motion to go bigger. I have the Samsung LNT-3242 and I got it for $700 at circuitcity. I looked at tvs for about 2 months and most samsungs are great for the picture quality/value ratio IMO. I really had to wait for the right moment to pounce(and argue with cc to pricematch their own website) though because that tv still costs about $1000. 32 inches is really a great size for gaming and Xbox/PS3/Wii look GREAT with HDMI/composite cables. The standard def channels do look pretty crappy though, but its not as bad as watching standard def on a really bad lcd panel. It only bugs me right after I am done gaming. I think that thats a really good price though, so I would probably do it. If you are set on the price or the size get it and sell the free dvd player. I hope some part of my rambling helps you.

Some times a bigger set doesnt work in the place you need it.. put a 42 inch TV in a bed room in a little space and it looks really odd.

I don't. However, reading the Amazon reviews they mentioned gaming lag which would be a huge turnoff. I'm not going to spend $500 on any TV, especially that small, that will give gaming lag. I ended up getting a small LCD tv years ago that had looked like crap with the original XBox so I returned it asap. I'm still stuck in the stone age with a smaller TV but I have yet to find a 20-26 inch LCD TV that is great for games and under $350.

This is the actual model Samsung LNT2354H. My reasoning for buying it so small is exactly what Rollett stated, a 23" is best for my bed room. This is an apartment bed room which is pretty small, right now I am using a 20" and it works fine, I want something a little bigger with HD and believe that this would work great. PLus I will mostly likely buy a bigger TV when I move out which won't be for a little while.

I didn't read any reviews which stated that it had gaming lag, but if it does, that would indeed change my opinion about it. Do you have a link to the review or how many reviews state it has gaming lag? I do know it has a gaming mode which changing the tv setting to optimize the set.

I was also considering flipping the upconverting DVD player which sells for 90 new on amazon. So I could probably get 75 or 80 online so the set would cost 425, and even 125 if I used my 300 tax rebate.

amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N50RUK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

EDIT:
I also went to best buy today to actually look at the set again to make sure the size and picture where what I wanted. Found that best buy is selling it for 650, much more then amazon.

All Samsungs actually have a Game mode in the settings, and when turned on lag is not an issue. I have only experienced lag on PS2 and Wii though, HD gaming presents no lag. This is on a 40 inch.

OP I would suggest at least getting the 26 or saving a month or two to get the 32. Think if you'd ever move it out of the bedroom and a more decent size would give you better options.

I thought about getting the 26" samsung but spending an extra 150 for 3 inches is really hard to support. A 32" would be over kill for my bed room and would probably cause me to go blind. When laying on my bed I am about 3 1/2 to 4 feet away from my TV.

Over the past months both the 23" and 26" have been dropping in price, probably because new models are coming out, so I could wait a little while to see how low they can go, but I would also like to mention that I am trying to keep the tv around the 500 range.

Have you seen the 23" inch in person? Its tiny! I was planing to get the same tv for my mom for mothers day but the size really killed it. My mom have a really small room but even than the tv look really tiny if I had of bought it. I really suggest you try to get at least a 26" or bigger.

You could always wait till Summer or whenever the new Samsung TVs hit. The new ones come out at the price of the current models and the current models drop in price or are clearanced. You'll probably get your tax rebate by then too so get a bigger one! I'm pushing towards a bigger one since its an investment and odds are it won't always be a bedroom TV. Might as well pull the trigger for something that'll be better in the long run.

I know you're looking at the Samsung, but if you time it right, you may want to consider the Olevia brand. We got a 36" (and I know they make a 26") for $500 last Christmas at CC. No lag with the Wii, and I love it. You can't beat the price for that.

Once a guy at BB once told me July seems to be when the electronics people run the new models out in plenty of time for Christmas people to get their info together. Don't know if that's horse shit or not, but it sounds reasonable. You may want to wait until then and see if you can get this year's model when the new models come out.

Well perhaps not a 42 inch, but 26 inch or 32 inch would be an improvement. A while ago circuit city had all their tv's on sale. BTW out of curiosity have you seen the 23 inch in person because I wanted to get a 26 inch before I got my 32 inch and then I go to PC Richard to browse and I see the 26 inch looks as big as my PC monitor which btw is 19 inch widescreen. I saved up a bit more and went for the 32 inch. I say go with 26 inch since you say you would be so close.

I have a 26 inch Panasonic in my bedroom & my 360 looks great on it.Hd channels are awesome & standard channels look pretty good too.Alot better than my sisters 42 inch samsung.

A 26 inch would be better, and I guess I will now wait to see if the price drops for that Samsung. I could fit a 32 inch in my room and have considered getting the 32 inch Vizio for sometime now, but the screen would be to much for my room, plus I think my roomates would want me to put it in the living room and I would prefer not to have the "I payed for it you didn't" talk with them, considering I prefer to watch movies and play games in my room.

I have also looked at the other brands of tvs like the Olevia's, and the only one I really consider good is the Vizio 32", that is because of good reviews from numerous sites. I have also read a lot of forums on CAG, which were actually contradicting to cheapasses. By that I mean most of the time CAGs were saying how you should buy samsungs, sonys, and sharps and the cheaper brands are not worth the money. To quote one CAG, can't remember who, "You don't skimp on a TV."

Which would you think is better a 26" Samsung which would be just the right size for my room or a 32" Vizio which would be huge for my bed room, but could be used in a few years as a bigger bed room tv or living room tv? I am also considering getting a new PC later in the year, which in that case, the samsung could be used for a monitor.

bread's done
Back