Anyone having to change passwords on sites this morning?

Snuckles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (95%)
I woke up and got a few emails about changing my password, most of the sites like Amazon, my bank, paypal refused to let me in without changing them.

Anyone else having a similar issue or could this be related to that gawker thing that happened?

No. Why would your bank in any way be connected to Gawker?

Did the emails have links in them to change your password? If so, you likely are being scammed if you click them.

[quote name='mtxbass1']No. Why would your bank in any way be connected to Gawker?

Did the emails have links in them to change your password? If so, you likely are being scammed if you click them.[/QUOTE]

Their is no way my bank would be connected to Gawker lol. Just wondering why I'd have to change all the emails. No none of them had links just told me to go to the website and change password. Maybe its just weird coincidence.

Absolutely related to gawker.

A lot of websites are sending out blanket emails suggesting you change your password, when really, the only people that need to change their passwords are people who's gawker account info / password they used in other places.

ie: my email was part of the gawker leak and I actually got a password change request on my battle.net account, so some asshole tried to logon to my battle.net account and clicked the "forgot my password" link. fucking idiots.

you can check if your email / password was released here, or just download the torrent from piratebay and check.

http://www.slate.com/id/2277768/

[quote name='mang9432']Absolutely related to gawker.

A lot of websites are sending out blanket emails suggesting you change your password, when really, the only people that need to change their passwords are people who's gawker account info / password they used in other places.

ie: my email was part of the gawker leak and I actually got a password change request on my battle.net account, so some asshole tried to logon to my battle.net account and clicked the "forgot my password" link. fucking idiots.

you can check if your email / password was released here, or just download the torrent from piratebay and check.

http://www.slate.com/id/2277768/[/QUOTE]

Wow...i got an email from battle.net but i figured it was spam again. It was about changing my password too.

[quote name='Snuckles']Wow...i got an email from battle.net but i figured it was spam again. It was about changing my password too.[/QUOTE]

That one's just spam. I get emails about my battle.net account's security all the time- I don't have a battle.net account. :roll:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']That one's just spam. I get emails about my battle.net account's security all the time- I don't have a battle.net account. :roll:[/QUOTE]

This email actually is real.

But as a general rule, treat anything about MMOs as phishing and login to your account management page the old fashioned way.

bread's done
Back