anyone having trouble getting Zelda?

yuckfou

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
2 walmart that i went to, only has 20 on stock....and the ppl lining up have the priority to get it first.....
So basiclly its sold out on both wal mart

damn.... i forgot to preorder mine

They had about 30 copies at the Target I bought my Wii. Anyone that wanted a copy who was in line for the console had no problem grabbing one. The Wal-mart that I tried last night ran out of their copies pretty quick.

I'm telling you, they're short-shipping this game because they want you to buy lesser games. How many people would've been totally content with just Twilight Princess and Wii Sports (plus VC games) for the first couple weeks? Exactly...just about everybody.

Does anyone really think GTA IV or Halo 3 preorders (not including the two higher SKUs) will be cut off more than a few days (if that) before launch? It's just utter bulls***. These aren't fucking cartridges. I see right through this ploy.

But I preordered mine, so for once, the whole process for a game didn't feel pointless.

I scored mine at walmart last night. They had 20 zelda copies and 19 wii's. Luckily, the ebay shoppers were just buying the system.

We scored 2 zeldas, 2 wiimotes and 2 nunchuks without a problem. Made picking up our preorders this morning alot easier.

the target in my town has like 20s....
while the other people are lining up for their wiis (they have their coupons, and i already got mine pre ordered on TRU) i pick up the last 3 zeldas (for me and my friends.... and also for the $20 GC deal) ..... and i can see from their face... theyre screaming inside. Ran as quick as i can after i pay ^^V

When leaving Toys R Us this morning after everyone had pretty much cleared out there were about 15 or so Zeldas on a rack. But I was amazed at how almost all the accessories were gone. The games don't seem that hard to come by down here in lousy.

Interesting, there must be a general shortage though. I would never have considered it as such - but current ebay prices seem to indicate that they are hard to find. They seem to be selling for $65 - $85.

Hell, I might as well sell mine since I won't play it until I get the component cables in mid-December. On the flip side, though, it seems like there are a TON of them that were listed today and ending tomorrow so the prices will come down to retail I'm sure. Looks like just the lucky first sellers getting a premium (combined with dumbass buyers who couldn't wait for all the people who bought Zelda Sunday with their Wii's and put up 1 day listings).

[quote name='io']Interesting, there must be a general shortage though. I would never have considered it as such - but current ebay prices seem to indicate that they are hard to find. They seem to be selling for $65 - $85.

Hell, I might as well sell mine since I won't play it until I get the component cables in mid-December. On the flip side, though, it seems like there are a TON of them that were listed today and ending tomorrow so the prices will come down to retail I'm sure. Looks like just the lucky first sellers getting a premium (combined with dumbass buyers who couldn't wait for all the people who bought Zelda Sunday with their Wii's and put up 1 day listings).[/QUOTE]

My TRU ran out of/didn't get Red Steel, Trauma Center, and Metal Slug - but they had 200 copies of Zelda for 200 Wiis, and that's normal for 1st-party Nintendo titles. Did places near you sell games before the day? It's probably just all the people who thought they could sleep in Sunday and didn't get Wiis hogging the copies. Or hoarders.

I'd recommend looking at Target if you have one in your area, or Toy's R Us. When I picked up my Wii from TRU, they had tons - I mean alot to satisfy over 50 folks in line. They didn't have them on the rack, as they couldn't keep them stocked fast enough, so you had to ask the workers for them. They had them in a huge box right by the register.

Also, during the middle of yesterday I went to Target. No Wiis, but it looked like nobody even bothered to pick up Zelda, has they had 2 rows of what it looked to be like 10 each.

Hope this helps!

I went to a local Gamestop's midnight launch to pick up my Wii, and they said that they only had enough copies of Zelda for those who pre-ordered. I decided to stop at another local videogame store on my way home, and I saw two people rushing towards the store because they heard rumors of some copies of Zelda in stock. Sadly, it wasn't so. But I got mine. :)

bread's done
Back