Anyone here ever play Shadowgate 64?

I haven't played Shadowgate 64, but I have played Shadowgate on the NES, so I guess that's better than nothing. From what I remember about Shadowgate was it wasn't bad for a point-and-click game, but after I broke my guy's legs for the third time in 10 minutes I never really picked it up again. In other words it was rather frustrating and didn't really have any appeal. I'm guessing that's what Shadowgate 64 would be like.

From the reviews I can find online it seems to be a pretty poor first-person adventure. It probably isn't really worth playing, but you can always just give it a try anyway and see for yourself.

I do recall the game getting bad reviews, however I thought it was ok for it's time. I doubt the game aged well though.

Shadowgate for the NES remains one of my favorite games of all time. 64 didn't really live up to the original and it didn't age well. It's still a decent game though

I never played 64 but I really enjoyed the original. You have to enjoy that type of game, though, which many people don't.

I played a little bit of it... I would say that it might be something to a hardcore Shadowgate player but other than that, I can't see any reason to hold onto it. I wasn't that impressed by it myself; I loved the NES version but I could live without the N64 version...

I have the 64 version. Your character moves like a lumbering hulk and it's kinda slow-paced due to your character's movement.

I can't recommend it even though it still feels like the NES game beneath its flesh, which would be a good thing if it weren't for its cumerbersome finish... its not worth much either. My copy is complete but its still sitting with my other complete games for collection purposes.

I have it and seemed kind of like you're all alone and the music didn't help like it did for the one on the NES/GBC. I might have to play through it, didn't finish it since it was so confusing, not knowing where to go most of the time.

bread's done
Back