Anyone here have a root canal done?

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
If so, can you tell me how it was between when the dentist cleaned out the canal and when the crown was finally put on? I got the root cleaning done on friday, and now the material the dentist put in to cover up the hole until the crown gets put in is basically putty. It feels like it's just a piece of chewed gum sitting on the tooth. I'm going in today to have it looked at, but I'm wondering if this is normal, and if not, how the hell this happened. I've been extremely careful not to chew on that side of my mouth. The dentist said nothing about not brushing, flossing, using mouth wash during this time, but I've purposefully avoided flossing around the tooth just in case. Now I'm worried this dentist might charge me to redo the procedure. Any thoughts or advice?

I've had a few, the second one actually started to break up the day after, i thought it was the filer material but it was bits of tooth. Other one didn't go as bad, it held up better until the crown was put on.

I just had a cavity filled that, I was told, was very close to needing a root canal. I guess there's still a chance that the bacteria could get in there and cause issues, but I'm really hoping I don't have to go through that.

bread's done
Back