Anyone here have cell phone service with Cingular?

Silencer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just got a new phone (LG CU500) -- was wondering if there is a site where you can send pics you have taken from your cellphone (like there was with T-mobile) so you can access them on the web.

Also, what kind of service plan did you guys get?

Yes.

Family plan. 2 lines, 500 anytime, 5000 N/W, and currently 2500 or so rollover minutes for 60.00.

I bought a USB cable from Ebay for ten bucks, makes it much easier to transfer pics, video, or mp3s to/from the phone. I don't have firewire, and I'm not going to use their data thing.

you have to go to media.net to download wallpapers. I used to send the pics to my e-mail but it got costly. The most cost concious way to do it is to go get a USB chord for your phone. Look on eBay

I'm with cingular and have a razr. Using a usb cable and a program known as mobile phone tools (I think it can only be used with motorolla) I can transfer pics and ring tones.

For backrounds, use this site

http://www.sprintusers.com/wallpapers/size.php

Tells you how small to shrink your pics to use as a wallpaper.

As for ring tones, a great way to make them is to cut them up with a program called Audacity.

Good luck :)

My g/f and I have cingular, and we bought the Motorola Phone tools Kit. It's great, you can take anything from a CD or your computer and make it a ringtone.
We're huge Arrested Development fans, so I downloaded a bunch of sounds from the show. I love it when my brother calls and all I hear is Buster repeat "Hey Hermano".

I have Cingular, same plan as dtcarson I think. We have 3 lines on it, and are never in danger of using all the allotted minutes since I use my phone mainly on nights and weekends anyway.

I wouldn't download any wallpapers or themes over your phone, data transfer is expensive, I think its like a penny per byte (or kB, not sure). Your best bet is probably to get the cable and just transfer everything from PC to phone or vice versa.

For ringtones I go the true cheapass way and play the song I want to use, with the phone right next to the speakers recording and the volume up high, and the quality is similar to an mp3 ringtone. You can get any song you can imagine this way.

Personally I use http://www.mobstorage.com/ to upload stuff on my phone. This way, I can download sounds or songs, edit them with some other programs I have, and then upload them via mobstorage. It does cost a bit but I find it easier, especially if I want to send things to other people.

For instance, I could upload the zelda ringtone I use, paste the mobstorage code here, and everyone would be able to grab it.

bread's done
Back