Anyone here have photoshop skills?

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
I'm thinking about taking on a project that I'm going to need help with. Basically I want to take the first 10 seasons of The Simspons and put them into 4-disc blu ray cases to save on space. Problem is I suck at photoshop and I would want some replica art to go with it.

I was thinking that the front of the case and the spine would match the DVD box art and the back would have an episode listing (since the inserts wouldn't fit anymore).

Am I crazy for wanting this? Anyone want to help out?

wow..ummm, 10 seasons worth of episodes listing on the back cover? that'd have to be like a 2.5 size font, which wouldn't be readable..

I can't help you b/c I suck really bad at Photoshop, but you could probably use www.thecoverproject.com to get templates and dimensions for inserts..

I'll bite. I have been making custom covers for some of my PS1 and 2 games for PS3 cases for the past year. I'm currently working on Resident Evil 4. I'd like to know where you are finding the 10 necessary 4-Disc cases cause I wouldn't mind doing my collection the same way. PM me if you are interested. You can see some of my work here: http://digitaldragoon.deviantart.com/

[quote name='token2k6']wow..ummm, 10 seasons worth of episodes listing on the back cover? that'd have to be like a 2.5 size font, which wouldn't be readable..

I can't help you b/c I suck really bad at Photoshop, but you could probably use www.thecoverproject.com to get templates and dimensions for inserts..[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. I want 1 season on each 4-disc blu ray case. So there would be 10 cases each with their own season.

[quote name='digitaldragoon']I'll bite. I have been making custom covers for some of my PS1 and 2 games for PS3 cases for the past year. I'm currently working on Resident Evil 4. I'd like to know where you are finding the 10 necessary 4-Disc cases cause I wouldn't mind doing my collection the same way. PM me if you are interested. You can see some of my work here: http://digitaldragoon.deviantart.com/[/QUOTE]

I'll be in touch. I will find the source for the cases (but I'm headed out the door right now) and PM you.

[quote name='ZForce915']No, no, no. I want 1 season on each 4-disc blu ray case. So there would be 10 cases each with their own season.[/QUOTE]

doh! I got what you were saying. I thought you meant you'd put all 10 seasons in a converted file format onto 4 Blu Ray burnt discs.

but I get it now! You just want DVD copies you can throw in the player and watch. good luck, and good luck getting those cases, 4 disc holders gotta be hard to get..

[quote name='digitaldragoon']I'll bite. I have been making custom covers for some of my PS1 and 2 games for PS3 cases for the past year. I'm currently working on Resident Evil 4. I'd like to know where you are finding the 10 necessary 4-Disc cases cause I wouldn't mind doing my collection the same way. PM me if you are interested. You can see some of my work here: http://digitaldragoon.deviantart.com/[/QUOTE]

Wow, those are really cool! I wish I had Xenogears so I could print that out and make a case for it.

[quote name='VANDALHEART']No, I don't.[/QUOTE]

Good addition to the thread lol.

Those cover art pieces are fantastic digital. They look extremely professional. Good work =).

digitaldragoon,

Your artwork is awesome. Really cool what you've done. I am fairly sure I am going to take on a project like the one you are doing over the summer. I have a whole bunch of classics that I need to re-case.

http://www.customaniacs.org/forum/cover-forums/

I done a quick search and came across this site. I myself needed Stargate STG-1 replacement covers as I have 3 of large boxsets (seasons 3, 4, 5) and the rest in the newer smaller size white sets. It's been bothering me for a while to have them mismatching and the white covers are pretty hard to find.

I did not notice blu-ray Simpsons covers, but they could be there somewhere. The site is a bit hard to do a search on as you actually have to register to do a search and I'm waiting for mod approval now.

I used to do some custom cover artwork but never got very good at it. I liked R1DB, although to download covers you need to get credits (which cost money, or I think by participating you can get some).

Ooh, I should see about getting one done for my Orphen Perfect collection. It's one of the old large multi-disc cases, and the case is busted up. I'd looked for another case, but all you can find is the thin ones and the original cover slip won't fit in those.

Thank you for the complements guys. I've spoken to ZForce915 so I will be designing blu ray case covers for the first 10 seasons. This made me look at a bunch of Fox seasons I have so Buffy cases may be in the near future as well.

@Arleisha: great idea on the anime cases. I actually lost most of my cases in a flood last year but the discs were safe in a disc briefcase.

Last edited by a moderator:
gorilla-sushi.jpg

I've got plans for something similar, especially for some of the HBO sets and anything really that comes in a big box or with cardboard sleeves, or combining movie sets (eg. Friday, Next Friday, Friday After Next). I'll probably throw up a new thread when I get this done.

bread's done
Back