Anyone here married?

steve_k

CAGiversary!
Does marriage automatically equate to being poor and always broke?

I am currently single and have never been married. Every girl I've met has had no concept of personal budgeting, refused to get a job, and expected to be provided with a very high standard of living. Do most women fit this description? I did the math, and it appears the break-even point for marriage is an annual income of $60,000 annually. This means that as a man, you must accept eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for ever meal for the rest of your life, must be willing to live the rest of your life renting an apartment or small old house, and must be willing to only barely paying the most essential bills before being threatend of eviction or having your electriciy turned off due to insufficient payments so that your wife can spend money freely.

Is it practical to expect to find a women who is wiling to work and perhaps even carry her own weight, or is it a given that if a man gets married, his financies will suffer trememdously unlesss he earns over $100,000 per year?

Maybe I just have a chronologic pattern of meeting women who have no concept of money and that most women are a bit more understanding.

Sounds like you are picking up women at the wrong places. There are plenty of women out there looking for a sugar daddy, but there are just as many independant women who are career driven and who are responsible with money. Don't lose hope.

My best advice is if you start dating a girl and she fits the profile you listed in your post, drop her before you get too attached. Just don't start bitching when you land a hardworking, responsible woman and dinner isn't ready when you get home or you still have to do your own laundry.

Stop looking for women at the strip club. My wife loves games, sports, likes to cook, and brings in $50k a year, so I know good ones are out there!

Nope. With our combined income we are rolling in the dough and look to have our 30 year mortgage paid off in less than 5 years and still contribute in full to retirement and have a year's worth of expenses saved. Having kids is the real killer and we don't plan on having them anytime soon (3 cats is enough at this point!). I am probably more fiscally conscious than my husband, too, though he's the one who actually has a budget spreadsheet for his expenses.

There are women out there who are willing to put in the effort.

It's just a matter of finding the right person who fits everything you want and care about.

Personally, I'm only interested in career driven, professional types who also make decent money. I work a lot and need someone who does the same so they can handle my schedule. And I'm not super needy emotionally, so if I'm going to settle down I want the added bonus of more financial stability from being with someone who's also successful and makes a decent salary.

You just have to try to meet people in those social circles containing the types of people you are interested in. Look for groups on Meetup.com that cater to young professionals. Online dating works as well as lots of professionals are busy as hell and don't have time for meeting people in the usual places. Lots of options for meeting people these days.

Also, you have to be in that social circle yourself. Most professional women making decent money want a partner who does the same or better than them. So focus on making sure you're where you want to be professionally, and then find someone that matches what you want in a partner. You can't be making chump change yourself and complain about only broke women wanting to date you.

I'm poor, broke and in debt, but I would equate it more to the newborn baby, poor spending decisions on my part, and school loans before saying marriage was the reason for it.

And this is making between $60,000-70,000 combined between my wife and I.

[quote name='steve_k']Does marriage automatically equate to being poor and always broke?

I am currently single and have never been married. Every girl I've met has had no concept of personal budgeting, refused to get a job, and expected to be provided with a very high standard of living. Do most women fit this description? I did the math, and it appears the break-even point for marriage is an annual income of $60,000 annually. This means that as a man, you must accept eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for ever meal for the rest of your life, must be willing to live the rest of your life renting an apartment or small old house, and must be willing to only barely paying the most essential bills before being threatend of eviction or having your electriciy turned off due to insufficient payments so that your wife can spend money freely.

Is it practical to expect to find a women who is wiling to work and perhaps even carry her own weight, or is it a given that if a man gets married, his financies will suffer trememdously unlesss he earns over $100,000 per year?

Maybe I just have a chronologic pattern of meeting women who have no concept of money and that most women are a bit more understanding.[/QUOTE]

How old are you? Sounds like you are young or have just had some pretty bad experiences.

Life is all about learning experiences. And there is a reason why your spouse is suppose to be "The One", there suppose to meet each persons high criteria.

At least you sound like you know what NOT to look for in a woman, that's good. Just be wise and patient.

[quote name='Squall835']OP, where ar eyou getting this couples only make $60,000 combined stat?[/QUOTE]

I know the average income varies by city and state, but suppose the average income for a single adult in any given city is $60,000. If one person earns $60,000 and the spouse earns $0 annually, their combined annual income, assuming there are no other sources of income outisde of work, is $60,000. This assumes one spouse earns nothing. Several women who at one point wanted to be my spouse suggested the idea of earning $0 annually and 'letting' me take care of all the money. I am beginning to wonder if this is typical within most marriages.

An annual income of $60,000 is probably a mean income for many parts of the United States for a single person.

No, it's not typical. Both spouses working is more common these days. You just have to find a woman that is driven career wise, and not someone who's a gold digger and just wants a man with money, or someone who just wants to be a housewife and raise kids etc.

And median income for one person nation wide is nowhere near $60k. Per the 2010 census the median HOUSEHOLD income was $51,914. Of course that will be higher in expensive metro areas, and lower in cheap small towns/rural areas.

homegirl is in medicine and I'm in finance, our combined income (well, when it gets combined anyway) will be at least 3x national median. Real estate will be our biggest issue as we both own a home. Pondering renting one out once cohabitation begins and just having a revenue stream.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm surprised no one has put in the requisite "stick it in her pooper" comment by now. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I just assumed that was a prerequisite.

bread's done
Back