Anyone here switch from AT&T to Sprint? Thoughts?

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
My contract is up in June and I was thinking of making the change over to Sprint when the new iPhone comes out. My wife and I have a family plan and we get a discount through our credit union with Sprint (we currently have a discount through my wife's employer with AT&T). The prices look to be about the same, maybe even slightly cheaper with Sprint. I'm wondering if anyone that made the switch regrets it or absolutely loves it. The data cap isn't too much of an issue, we typically don't come close to 3GBs, although we do occasionally. So it would be nice to not have to worry about that. Plus Sprint seems to have a better option for mobile hot spot, which I may use from time to time. I would with AT&T, but I'd lose my unlimited data if I did. So yeah... how was your experience?

I have not, but I use to have an officemate who had a phone on Sprint (not an iPhone), and he had very good coverage here, better than AT&T for sure, and even better than Verizon. He had a signal even in our labs, which are underground, and Verizon and AT&T do not on any phone that I'm aware of. However I'm sure that's dependent on the coverage in your area.

I have the Sprint iPhone and my mother has the ATT iPhone. Her coverage seems to be slightly better in our area; however the unlimited data plan is well worth converting to Sprint.

I think it depends a lot on where you are.

Here in DC, I find a lot of dead zones on AT&T. In particular, whenever I'm in the U St. corridor (Black Cat or 9:30 Club, mostly), my phone will display four or five bars of 3G service, but it won't be able to connect to anything. Turning off 3G and switching to Edge in that area, I can usually (but not always) get a very slow, not very reliable signal. In comparison, a friend of mine who has Sprint never has any problem connecting in that area.

On the other hand, my brother says that he's had the exact opposite experience in Pittsburgh. He has AT&T signal everywhere, while some people that he knows with Sprint have issues all the time.

So anyway, your best bet is to likely talk to any friends/coworkers/etc. that you have in your area (or anywhere you travel to regularly) who use Sprint and see how their experience is with it.

My AT&T contract for my iPhone 4 is up in July, so I'm also thinking of switching to Sprint. The only thing is that I was actually a Sprint customer before I dropped them to get my iPhone 3G three and a half years ago. I actually paid the fee to get out of my contract with them because I was having a lot of trouble with the phone that I had at the time (a Samsung flip phone) and their customer service was so bad. Given that they were so bad before that I actually paid to get away from them, I'm hesitant to go back. But given how often I run into service issues with AT&T, I'm not sure they're actually any worse.

In general, US cell phone coverage is terrible in comparison to the rest of the world. Apparently things are much better in Europe. So my suggestion is that you move to Europe. LOL.

bread's done
Back