Anyone here use Gamefly?

the3rdkey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Since I have moved out and have a lot of bills it is becoming harder to afford the nasty $60 price tag on games.

Does anyone here use Gamefly? If yes, could you review the service?

Thanks for your time.

I've had it for over a year and must say I love it alot. My games come fast and with the quick turnaround via my post office telling them they got the game and they send right out eventhough they haven't go it yet. As far as the percentages off the cost of buying the games, free shipping, and their 5 bucks they give you towards the games I have yet to use any of that seeing as I didnt need anything. But, I definitely like that it's there for you. My only gripe would be the cost of 15 bucks per month for one game out now I could see that for 2 but it's a small gripe. Personally, it sounds to me like your trying to save money and I'd say go with gamesn'flix I've heard great things about them and they are cheaper like 6-8 bucks a month for one dvd, or game out at a time.

sorry for the long windedness of that.

bill123

If you live toward the east side of the country, avoid it like the plague. The turn around times are absolutely ridiculous. I live in Michigan, it took 2 weeks to send a game back and get a new one. They force you into a higher plan, like 2 at a time, so that you have one game to play while you wait an insanely long for the next one to come.

I'm using it now, but the last 2 games I've received (FFXII and Super Mario Strikers) were really badly scratched. Up until now it's been great for Wii games so I could try them out, especially the $50 party games which are not worth it.

I'm a member and have very few complaints. I'm on the East Coast so turn around time isn't always the greatest (anywhere from 7-10 days, in my personal experience, although I had a 4 day turn around once which was shocking). The Keep It prices are great, and if you use that on a new release game, you're probably getting a brand new game for 30% off. No beat up or scratched up cases like the ones you find at GameStop, either. However, the 1 game plan definitely isn't worth it if you're on the East Coast because of turn around times, and GameznFlix may be a better choice if you're not looking to rent DS games. (I primarily use GameFly for my DS since I can't rent DS games from Blockbuster and GameznFlix doesn't carry them, either.)

Hell, I live in Alaska and still get turn around times of 3-5 business days. Pretty good I think. I've enjoyed the service. Mostly just because i got a 3 month gift certificate for christmas. Would I pay for it? Probably not, because I don't need -more- games to not play. But it is good and I havent hard any problems with it.

Had it for a month. First game was the wrong one, replacement took a week, that was unplayable, and the next one finally worked. Two weeks to get one game. No thanks.

Switched to intothegame.com and been happy ever since.

Also use Gameznflix for their HD-DVDs and their service has been solid as well.

bread's done
Back