Anyone in SoCal have trouble finding an XBox 360? Here's why.

[quote name='Genocidal']I was checking out eBay to see how crazy the XBox 360 market still was and came across this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-...198855415QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Go ahead and look at the picture. Then look at it again and again. But wait, there's more! (Literally.)

"I have 64 in stock but only took a picture of 34." All from TRU it looks like too. :bomb: fuck hoarders. :bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's fuck 'd up, Microsoft should go down hard on this dufus!

"You have to send away to get the bonus media remote".

Uh? You do?

Guess Microsoft loved me enough to put it there already. :)

Get his credit card statement (dont understand why you would want it anyways) and track him down, hold him up at gunpoint.

Wonder if this is legit.

Maybe he thought he got the one time use disposable version xboxes.He would obviously need to buy more then one to fulfill his xbox gaming habit.

Besides, who would want those xboxes? The guy put POOh all over them. Yuck! :lol:

Ebay should have banned the sales of all Xbox 360's on their website until after Christmas. These jackasses should be beaten and shot. Not only are these guys taking advantage of the system and screwing people who just want a console, they are screwing off MS by making a profit on a system MS loses money on. Nothing less than the electric chair for these assholes.

[quote name='gforce007']Ebay should have banned the sales of all Xbox 360's on their website until after Christmas. These jackasses should be beaten and shot. Not only are these guys taking advantage of the system and screwing people who just want a console, they are screwing off MS by making a profit on a system MS loses money on. Nothing less than the electric chair for these assholes.[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah right, like Ebay would do that. Do you know how much money they're making off these auctions?

[quote name='DKN']Well Microsoft shouldn't have released with a shortage.[/QUOTE]

I agree. In fact, they should've made 30 million units before they shipped - AND given them away for free. Screw Microsoft for not doing that.

Well I don't think he is doing anything legally wrong but ethical he's the worst type of hoarder that I have ever seen in my life.

I like how MS is losing around $150 per console, meanwhile people like this are making $350 profit per console.

the manager knew how to work his store by ringing each one out seperately so that it wouldn't register to the headquarters. I wonder if he realizes that TRU can track his credit card number and fire him. I knew a couple of EB employees that got fired for this same type of stuff.

get his name do some searches if he works for a store try to turn him in for stealing them and when the investigate it they will see how he horded them all and get fired .

Im all for reselling one or 2 but thats just insane and cruel to dry up the market where u live on an item like that.

Especialy on a game system that kids want as well.

[quote name='lordopus99']the manager knew how to work his store by ringing each one out seperately so that it wouldn't register to the headquarters. I wonder if he realizes that TRU can track his credit card number and fire him. I knew a couple of EB employees that got fired for this same type of stuff.[/QUOTE]
Most of the receipts appear to be from different stores. And most of them show that he had a preorder at each store. He probably did this all legit, but did a lot of driving at the same time.

[quote name='Skelah']get his name do some searches if he works for a store try to turn him in for stealing them and when the investigate it they will see how he horded them all and get fired .

Im all for reselling one or 2 but thats just insane and cruel to dry up the market where u live on an item like that.

Especialy on a game system that kids want as well.[/QUOTE]

He isnt going to be needing a job for a while after this anyway.

And how does 64*$400 = come anywhere close to $60,000?

[quote name='Shayde']He isnt going to be needing a job for a while after this anyway.

And how does 64*$400 = come anywhere close to $60,000?[/QUOTE]It comes out to $25,600 before tax, so he must have bought a huge load of games and accessories when he preordered.

Throwing in the Pooh was a nice touch to the auction.

we should all blast his email box with worthless questions (or what ever) he has to read each one to see if its a legit question. this guy.....

[quote name='gforce007']Ebay should have banned the sales of all Xbox 360's on their website until after Christmas. These jackasses should be beaten and shot. Not only are these guys taking advantage of the system and screwing people who just want a console, they are screwing off MS by making a profit on a system MS loses money on. Nothing less than the electric chair for these assholes.[/QUOTE]

You're a jackass communist. They aren't taking advantage of anything. This guy was taking an awful risk if MS decided to release 10 million consoles instead of 500,000. It's his property, he can do with it what he pleases. Your just pissed becuase you don't have one and can't afford to buy one from a guy like this. You should be offering to shoot Billy gates. After all, it's his company that is artificially restricting the supply. Didn't you take basic Econ ?

Honestly, as has been said, this is all Microsoft's fault. Had they just met the demand rather than trying to artifcially create a scarcity of these systems, no one would be making hundreds of dollars reselling them. But in the end, the high prices just feeds the hype machine which is just what they want, so I doubt they care if some little dweeb makes a couple thousand reselling systems. Remember, they lost 4 billion dollars on the Xbox and didn't bat an eye. This eBay thing is free advertising for the 360.

[quote name='bmulligan']You're a jackass communist. They aren't taking advantage of anything. This guy was taking an awful risk if MS decided to release 10 million consoles instead of 500,000. It's his property, he can do with it what he pleases. Your just pissed becuase you don't have one and can't afford to buy one from a guy like this. You should be offering to shoot Billy gates. After all, it's his company that is artificially restricting the supply. Didn't you take basic Econ ?[/QUOTE]

First of all, Im not a communist. Second of all, MS is not artificially restricting the supply intentionally. They just suck at mass production of the console this early in the game and that is to be expected. Im not saying you shouldnt be able to do what you want with your property, but you still shouldnt be ripping people off. Yes, I did take econ, I know what demand and supply is. And that still doesnt justify why this asshole gets to rip people off. What, Im supposed to give him credit for nabbing all those 360's, instead of people who were actually going to use them and play them and do something useful with them? Why did your dumb ass assume I wanted one so bad? Nope sorry, that was my conscience and my spine talking, not my inner desire to want a 360, which Im not even getting till it gets more killer apps or winter 2006. If I wanted one so badly, I would have been smart enough to be way up top on a pre-order list, not argue with your cynical dumb ass about how ok it is for some douche to take advantage of a shortage. You can draw me a demand and supply graph and show me why people do these kinds of things. That still doesnt make it right.

[quote name='bmulligan']You're a jackass communist. They aren't taking advantage of anything. This guy was taking an awful risk if MS decided to release 10 million consoles instead of 500,000. It's his property, he can do with it what he pleases. Your just pissed becuase you don't have one and can't afford to buy one from a guy like this. You should be offering to shoot Billy gates. After all, it's his company that is artificially restricting the supply. Didn't you take basic Econ ?[/QUOTE]
This is pure greed.

I'm sure whoever it was at Toys R Us that got him these 360's (if its not this guy himself), violated his agreement with his employer, and his employer's agreement with Microsoft. It should never have been his property in the first place, and he'll almost certainly be fired if he's caught. What right does an employee have to buy an entire store's supply, when they are restricted from doing so? Not only could he lose his job, he could be sued for damages. The store lost potential sales of accessories and games because none were sold to customers. Contractually, MS has the right to deny that store, and the entire chain, any future shipments. Is this appropriate, or legal, behavior for any employee? Is that employee not responsible for breeching Toys R Us's contract, because he made a few bucks?

By the way, I do have a 360, and I didn't buy it from someone like this. I also didn't spend 12 hours in line for it. And this isn't an artificial shortage, they have legitimate supply chain and manufacturing issues, though they did choose not to delay the launch until the spring. Delaying the launch after the announcement, and missing the holidays would have been a bigger disaster.

[quote name='gforce007']First of all, Im not a communist. Second of all, MS is not artificially restricting the supply intentionally. They just suck at mass production of the console this early in the game and that is to be expected. Im not saying you shouldnt be able to do what you want with your property, but you still shouldnt be ripping people off. Yes, I did take econ, I know what demand and supply is. And that still doesnt justify why this asshole gets to rip people off. What, Im supposed to give him credit for nabbing all those 360's, instead of people who were actually going to use them and play them and do something useful with them? Why did your dumb ass assume I wanted one so bad? Nope sorry, that was my conscience and my spine talking, not my inner desire to want a 360, which Im not even getting till it gets more killer apps or winter 2006. If I wanted one so badly, I would have been smart enough to be way up top on a pre-order list, not argue with your cynical dumb ass about how ok it is for some douche to take advantage of a shortage. You can draw me a demand and supply graph and show me why people do these kinds of things. That still doesnt make it right.[/QUOTE]

True, this guy who bought 60+ systems is a douchebag, however saying Ebay shouldn't have let people sell them on their site is perhaps the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Not only is Ebay making a killing off of these, but stupid people are too impatient to wait, and if they're willing to pay double the MSRP then they SHOULD be taken of advantage of, just for being so stupid. I got my hands on an extra 360 and sold it. Because people are too impatient to wait like two months I should "get the electric chair"? Get out of here with that ignorant shit.

[quote name='bil4ltool']True, this guy who bought 60+ systems is a douchebag, however saying Ebay shouldn't have let people sell them on their site is perhaps the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Not only is Ebay making a killing off of these, but stupid people are too impatient to wait, and if they're willing to pay double the MSRP then they SHOULD be taken of advantage of, just for being so stupid. I got my hands on an extra 360 and sold it. Because people are too impatient to wait like two months I should "get the electric chair"? Get out of here with that ignorant shit.[/QUOTE]

I dont have a problem with you unless you ripped someone off.

bread's done
Back