CAGiversary!
Feedback
262 (100%)
an HD Loader setup?

I'm getting a PS2 Slim so I have:

PS2 Network Adapter (never used online)
160GB Samsung HDD
HD Loader (Original Non-Bootleg)

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']If youre interested there is a USB loader now for the slim ps2s

http://www.modchipstore.com/USB_eXt...ive_Loader_for_ALL_PS2_and_PSTwo-p-16241.html[/QUOTE]

You'll note in that link they make no mention of the abysmal performance of the setup. PS2 only supplies a USB 1.1 conection. In many cases it will actually be slower than the DVD drive, eliminating the primary legit reason for having games on hard drive.

Is there something wrong with your existing PS2 compelling the the purchase of the new model? With that standing investment I'd be inclined to stick with what I had.

[quote name='epobirs']Is there something wrong with your existing PS2 compelling the the purchase of the new model? With that standing investment I'd be inclined to stick with what I had.[/QUOTE]

Well I had a launch PS2 and I went to play Lego Star Wars (blue bottom disc) and I got a disc read error. It played all silver bottom ones fine. After some cleaning of the unit it loaded up again but made a weird cranking noise. Then it wouldn't load it again, then it would so on and so forth. I have had the system a long time and I have been considering the slim for awhile so I decided to go ahead and upgrade. I was psyched that it worked well when I traded it in to EB. I didn't spend anything out of pocket as I have some stored up credit. All I can say is MAN is that thing tiny!

As for the USB HD Loader and my exisiting setup....it was nice to have but its hard to find the time to play the games I own let alone a few I borrowed from a friend to put on the loader and play. The load times were nicer but I couldn't warrant keeping it just for that. I am really trying to play the games I buy now, finish them and keep only the ones I know I will go back to (like Zelda). It is actually nicer to see less unplayed games on my shelf!!!

As for what I am looking for....I paid about $95 for the HDD $30 for the Network Adapter and $30 for the HD Loader. I'm not looking for that exact amount at all but I figure something around $85 in cash maybe $95 in credit or game worth.

i did the same thing, upgraded to a slim ps2 and got rid off my HDD and loader disks....the only reason was becuase i had WAAAY too many games, and it was a waste to have 20 unplayed games and not be using the HDD enough to warrent even having it

good price...good luck

bread's done
Back