Anyone know about new maps for Orange Box?

lunatic_pandora

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Anyone know anything about them? I know that the PC players have obtained new maps since the release, but is that it? Is Valve just going to leave us console players hanging?

Valve wants to give EVERYONE content for free. From what I heard, Microsoft is being a bitch about content in terms of certification AND pricing.

And just to let you know, the new map that hit the PC earlier this year isn't that great (badlands) though we'll see what the newest one is like in the next couple days.

Wow.

What a bummer.

And I thought this thread was about new maps being out and not asking about if new maps are coming out...

*cries to self*

Valve gave the new map and updates to the other maps to Microsoft ages ago AFAIK. But the certification process is a bitch.

But yeah, Badlands isn't a great map anyawy.

[quote name='redgopher']And just to let you know, the new map that hit the PC earlier this year isn't that great (badlands) though we'll see what the newest one is like in the next couple days.[/QUOTE]
The new map from Valve anyway. There have been countless user made maps since the release. Quality is all over the board of course, but there are enough that are quite good. With the recent breakout of TF2 into its own release you'd really be doing yourself a favor to get it for PC, even if you already own Orange Box for 360. I'm not a big PC vs Console debater - I play them both - but TF2 on the 360 is a pale shadow of the experience you would get on PC.

[quote name='Damian']The new map from Valve anyway. There have been countless user made maps since the release. Quality is all over the board of course, but there are enough that are quite good. With the recent breakout of TF2 into its own release you'd really be doing yourself a favor to get it for PC, even if you already own Orange Box for 360. I'm not a big PC vs Console debater - I play them both - but TF2 on the 360 is a pale shadow of the experience you would get on PC.[/quote]

If I had a PC that didn't suck, I would buy TF2 for it in a second. But I don't, so I have to stick with the 360 version.

bread's done
Back