Anyone know anything about cell phones?

MarsSavior

CAG Veteran
I put a picture on my samsung m610 last night to use as a wallpaper like I've done many times before. But this time when I set the picture as the wallpaper it basically slowed the phone down to the extent that it takes 15-20 seconds for the screen to even light up when I flip it open. This makes the use of the menus and any sort of communication on it impossible, the key pad does nothing when the phone is flipped open, the on screen clock even takes longer to appear on screen than the background itself.

When it's closed and the side button is pushed the clock lights up perfectly so it seems to only be a problem when the main screen is in use.

I've tried everything I can think of; recharging it or taking the battery and memory card out and letting it sit for a while then rebooting. Can anyone help me out?

For reference this is my phone model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlghSdL2nt0 but it's not from Sprint, I got it from my provincial service provider Sasktel

I would change the wallpaper but none of the menus work when the phone is open :(
I'm planning on bring it in but I can't get there until late Tuesday due to work and school which is really annoying so if I cant find a solution before then it'll be going in then

I worked in cell phones for about five years. You've done the basics that any cell phone rep will tell you, namely, removing the battery from the phone. You could try calling tech support for some troubleshooting. Some of the newer phones these days have software updates over the air, but likely, you'll need a warranty replacement. Some cell phone companies do their replacements in store and some do them through the mail. It would be better for you to call in to tech support and start the troubleshooting/warranty process, then rather wait a few days, suffering with the issue, only to have the same process start when you go to a physical store.

bread's done
Back