anyone know how to connect 2 live accounts thru 1 xbox?

oracrest

CAGiversary!
Specifically so that me and a friend can play ranked Halo 2 matches together just using one xbox

I am not even sure that this can be done, but some guys i was playing in a ranked match claimed they were both on the same xbox. I couldnt find anything about it in the game manual either, and the bungie.net forums seem like a pain to navigate, no search bar?

If anyone knows, that would be awesome, im trying to figure it out before i head to a friends house for the weekend...... :eek:

Not 2 accounts,............. just 2 players.

Unless maybe,... he brought his memory card over, and loaded his profile.

You can't have 2 LIVE accounts on 1 XBox,.... or so I was told by MS.

Perhaps they linked up 2 XB's at his house, and just leeched bandwidth.

You have two options.

1. You can either have your friend copy his Xbox live account to a memory card and then just copy it to your Xbox. This is done through the memory management just like any other save file. The live accounts a listed at the very bottom. I believe each Xbox can hold 7 at once.

2. In the cheapass spirit, you can just go into the Account Recovery option of Xbox live and put in all of his info, such as Gamertag, address, phone, and credit card info. Presto. A second account. It may give you talk about using account recovery makes your account only good on that system, but I've used recovery on 3 friends Xboxs and the worst thing that happens is that you have to do account recovery on your own xbox, which takes a whole minute to fix and that's only happened once.

After that when you log in to Halo, pick your gamertag and profile and then your friend has to pick his gamertag and possibly create a new game profile to associate with the new gamertag on that system. If you have any questions, I'll try to check for replies. It's really easy if I figured it out. Good luck.

[quote name='repetske']You have two options.

1. You can either have your friend copy his Xbox live account to a memory card and then just copy it to your Xbox. This is done through the memory management just like any other save file. The live accounts a listed at the very bottom. I believe each Xbox can hold 7 at once.[/quote]

yeah, that sounds like what I want to do. We tried something like this, but were having some problems. we had an account on a memory card, and when we tried to copy it onto the hard drive, it said something to the affect of only 1 account can be there at a time. Maybe we were trying to install it in the wrong place?

[quote name='repetske']1. You can either have your friend copy his Xbox live account to a memory card and then just copy it to your Xbox. This is done through the memory management just like any other save file. The live accounts a listed at the very bottom. I believe each Xbox can hold 7 at once.
[/quote]

You can have two people on the same account online at the same time on two different Xbox's?

Only one account can be on a memory card, but you can have 7 on the Xbox. Have your friend bring his account on his memory card, you don't even have to copy it to the xbox, the card just has to be in the slot on the control.

Then just sign in, and have him pick a profile and then it will list the guest tag as well as the gamertag on the memory card. I have 2-3 people playing on my Xbox with their own accounts on a regular basis.

So, it's possible for me to bring my Xbox to a friend's house, have him save his Live data to a memory card, put it on my console, and we can both go online on the same account at the same time? And I won't be a guest?

No. You can only log in a gamertag on one system at a time. The gamertag can be on multiple systems, but you get an error if you are logged on. I had mine on a friends system one time and his account ran out, so the auto login started using my gamertag on his system. He was playing some live aware game not even thinking about it and I wanted to play some hockey so I had to call him and have him turn off my gamertag.

[quote name='oracrest'][quote name='repetske']You have two options.

1. You can either have your friend copy his Xbox live account to a memory card and then just copy it to your Xbox. This is done through the memory management just like any other save file. The live accounts a listed at the very bottom. I believe each Xbox can hold 7 at once.[/quote]

yeah, that sounds like what I want to do. We tried something like this, but were having some problems. we had an account on a memory card, and when we tried to copy it onto the hard drive, it said something to the affect of only 1 account can be there at a time. Maybe we were trying to install it in the wrong place?[/quote]

As far as I remember, you just use the memory management screen. Select the gamertag file on the memory card and select copy to hard drive. Make sure to highlight the individual gamertag save and not the entire folder. I have had the copied account not work on occassion and had to do the account recovery anyway, but it's not a big deal to do. Just make sure you remember the info, including the credit card # and expiration.

ah, right on, I hope i can get everythign working alright. Ill give it a try when i go to over his house this weekend. Thanks a bunch for the help. I knew I could count on the CAG crew :D

bread's done
Back