Anyone know of a good program for mass editing of ID3 tags?

SS4Brolly

CAGiversary!
Im sure somebody knows of a good one. One where you can write tags from file names, and fix caps problems, and all sorts of other good stuff. Any suggestions?

I use tag and rename. It's not free but I found it better than any free one I could find.
You can try for 30 days also.

Sorry for this longterm bump, but I was about to post the same question when I found this thread in a search. So are "TagScanner" and "Godfather" still considered the premier free tag editors out there? And will these programs allow me to do something like select a group of MP3s tagged as "Beatles" and make it so they all display as "The Beatles"? Basically I want to be able to select groups of MP3, pick a ID3 field, and edit that information for all the MP3s at once. Because in my years of CD ripping, I've changed my naming conventions slightly, and now that I've got a sweet MP3 player that can sort by tags, I really want everything to be consistent!

I have the reverse problem. My super cheap MP3 is stupid about metadata. It cannot play files in the correct order unless they are numbered at the beginning of the filename. This is pretty critical for my primary application, audio books. So I need an app that can take meta data and edit filenames appropriately to produce a single directory of dozens to hundreds of files and have them play in the correct order.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Thanks for the recommendation, this program is serving my needs very well so far![/quote]

I really like the rename feature, you can have everything be renamed by the ID3 tags, or by file name.

If I download a random song, I usually remove everything besides artist, and track name.

So if the song is originally named CheapyD - 01 - Ass & Tetris.mp3, I can have it rename to what the ID3 tags are, which would be CheapyD - Ass & Tetris.mp3.

Very awesome!

bread's done
Back