Anyone know of any deals on a Razer Onza, or any PC Controller for that matter.

AftComet

CAGiversary!
I just built a new PC and I'm going to do gaming on it. Not a big fan of a mouse and keyboard and with some games it doesn't really work at all (Sports and Racing games).

I really love the 360 controller and it's my favorite controller of all time minus the d-pad. I plan to use that on the PC. I know you can only use a wired one through USB or wireless if you buy the connector. Now I can get a fake connector on eBay that will still work for $10 as I already have two wireless ones from my 360. I know the official connector costs $20 in store. I figure I might as well add about 20 or 30 bucks and get a brand new wired controller at that. I've decided to buy the Razer Onza from Best Buy for $39.99. I've heard it's better than the official controller and it's cheaper by $10 too.

So anyone know of any good deals on controllers? I prefer wired. Should I just stick with the Onza?

I saw the Canada Computers flyer for July 22-24 on RFD, and it showed the Razer Onza on sale for $29.99.

Here's a screenshot of the flyer from RFD:

http://i56.tinypic.com/24vmb13.jpg

[quote name='indigo blue']I saw the Canada Computers flyer for July 22-24 on RFD, and it showed the Razer Onza on sale for $29.99.

Here's a screenshot of the flyer from RFD:

http://i56.tinypic.com/24vmb13.jpg[/QUOTE]

Crap, good eye! I ended up buying it from Best Buy but have decided to return it because I was not exactly pleased with the durability. I have decided to instead buy a wireless xbox 360 receiver for $10 from eBay and use that with my existing 360 wireless controller.

But thanks though!

[quote name='AftComet']Crap, good eye! I ended up buying it from Best Buy but have decided to return it because I was not exactly pleased with the durability. I have decided to instead buy a wireless xbox 360 receiver for $10 from eBay and use that with my existing 360 wireless controller.

But thanks though![/QUOTE]

Really? It's that bad? I bought the tournament edition myself from Canada Computers (I PM'd it with NCIX to get 5 dollars off when it started to show up in store shelves in toronto), and I personally think it's a great controller. I also have the wireless adapter with a 360 controller, but I just didn't like playing games with the controller (It also kept having annoying little pop-ups in Windows 7 which was bothersome). In fact, I liked the Onza TE so much, I keep going through my Steam library just to find gamepad-compatible games to play, and I'm actually playing games on my Xbox 360 for once, that's how much I enjoy playing with it. I don't find the TE to be flimsy at all. I wonder if that non-slip rubber surface makes it feel more durable.

[quote name='Psamtik']Really? It's that bad? I bought the tournament edition myself from Canada Computers (I PM'd it with NCIX to get 5 dollars off when it started to show up in store shelves in toronto), and I personally think it's a great controller. I also have the wireless adapter with a 360 controller, but I just didn't like playing games with the controller (It also kept having annoying little pop-ups in Windows 7 which was bothersome). In fact, I liked the Onza TE so much, I keep going through my Steam library just to find gamepad-compatible games to play, and I'm actually playing games on my Xbox 360 for once, that's how much I enjoy playing with it. I don't find the TE to be flimsy at all. I wonder if that non-slip rubber surface makes it feel more durable.[/QUOTE]

I have the regular edition. The right trigger squeaks every time I pull it. The Y button is a little sticky. They also do not feel durable and I feel like I am going to break them with each click. I am also not a big fan of how RB and LB click. They are quite loud. I prefer the regular ones. Most of this may be considered nitpicking, but what really takes the cake is the casing around the analog stick is sharp and acts like a knife. This is cutting through both analog sticks and it is getting deeper and deeper.

Maybe mine is just part of a bad batch.

bread's done
Back