anyone know targets policy...

just take a sticker off a different cd that shows like what songs r on a cd and put it over the parental advisory label. worked for me when i was younger

Nope. Simple Sticker Swaps won't work anymore. All PA music Cds, R rated movies and DVDs and M rated videogames all have a specific prompt in the cashiers database... so unless the cashier specifically overrides it, shenanigans won't work on these products.

Same at EB about video games. Well, only once, but I was buying GTA 2 and I don't think the guys there knew me then. Obviously, I wasn't able to buy it.

All the register does is ask the cashier to input the customer's birthdate. Technically you could just lie and say your birthdate is different than your actual birthdate (note, I am just saying that Target's system is easy to get around, not encouraging it)

I was annoyed when the guy asked my birthday (but didn't demand ID) when I bought MGS2 Substance on clearance. I can understand getting carded at bars, but I definitely look older than 17.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']I was annoyed when the guy asked my birthday (but didn't demand ID) when I bought MGS2 Substance on clearance. I can understand getting carded at bars, but I definitely look older than 17.[/quote]

I'd even go as far as to say you look like Wayne Brady.

[quote name='ZForce317'][quote name='ElwoodCuse']I was annoyed when the guy asked my birthday (but didn't demand ID) when I bought MGS2 Substance on clearance. I can understand getting carded at bars, but I definitely look older than 17.[/quote]

I'd even go as far as to say you look like Wayne Brady.[/quote]
Lol... "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"
(If you don't get it, watch Chapelle's Show)

And on-topic... you'd be best off taking your parents with you or ordering online.

i think that the stores that enforce parental advisory stickers require you to be 16, but i didn't think many stores actually have that policy.

most of the time i find PA's are kinda dumb, some cds have it just because of a few swear words! thats just stupid, the problem with the cd warning as opposed to games and movies is the cd one has no universial rankings, like e,t,m for games. its just warning! with no level of diffrence, so blink 182 get the same warning as dr. dre, thats just stupid, and my reccomendation would be to just download the music ^^

....what? you couldnt tell i was a pirate?

One thing that BOGGLES my mind is how inconsistent it is [the general concept of 'age checks/parental advisory']. Granted, it's voluntary, but still.
One of my favorite bands, GWAR, is very much 'parental advisory.' You can tell just from the song titles. Not an issue for me, since i'm of age, but how about this: in most venues, the live show is 'All Ages.' I'm going to see them next week, and technically I could bring my 18 month old son for free [kids under 2 don't need tix to concerts.] Not that I would, of course, but last time I saw them, I saw a number of 12-14 year olds. I'm not saying age necessarily implies maturity, but how can it make sense to card someone for wanting to buy a CD or a game, but not care for them to see it live?
And yes, I think the 'why it's rated this' would be good for music, I do appreciate that feature on the video games.

bread's done
Back