Anyone know where/what this is?

PhrostByte

CAG Newbie

dingus.jpg
dingus.jpg

I remember that. It's a sort of elevator system for a boat or something. That big part swings into the water, boat goes on, it swings up, boat goes across bridge thing.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I remember that. It's a sort of elevator system for a boat or something. That big part swings into the water, boat goes on, it swings up, boat goes across bridge thing.[/quote]

Any idea where it's at?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Any idea where it's at?[/quote]

No clue. Saw a show on it on Discovery channel or something a few weeks/months back. I'm inclined to say France, though I could be wrong.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']No clue. Saw a show on it on Discovery channel or something a few weeks/months back. I'm inclined to say France, though I could be wrong.[/quote]

I remember seeing it on one of those Discovery Channel shows as well. I believe it was somewhere in Europe, so it could have been France. But I do agree with you that it was a mechanism to move boats around.

Thats a pretty sexy lock! Based on the name of the pic and the architecture style I want to say it's swedish and not French.

Swedish huh? I've been searching for combinations of the words hydraulic swing bridge French France Europe boat etc but am still coming up empty... oh well... the search continues.

It reminds me of myst too. It could have been a set from the new season of Lost as well.

Boat moving device, huh? It's like we're living in the future.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Thank you so much! How did you find it?[/quote]

Google + European Boat Lock

Can't use a country unless you're sure it's there. Got linked to one Wiki article about Euro locks, then it had an S load of pics, clicked the right pic and bam!

bread's done
Back