Anyone order Far Cry 2 Collector's Edition?

tigerhawk33

CAGiversary!
Hi gang. I wanted to pre-order Far Cry 2 Collector's Edition at EB Games, however they said that they still don't have in their system. Anyone here have any luck in pre-ordering this version? Oh, and on a side note, I'd like to see which version you're getting; PS3 or Xbox360 (I have both systems, so I can't make up my mind as to which version to get). Thanks everyone. :)

The site says "free upgrade to Collector's Edition" or something to that extent, so I took that to mean that if you preorder Far Cry 2, you'll get the CE.

I hope.

[quote name='Chacrana']The site says "free upgrade to Collector's Edition" or something to that extent, so I took that to mean that if you preorder Far Cry 2, you'll get the CE.

I hope.[/quote]

Really huh? That's news to me if true! :)
EDIT: Oh, and I pre-ordered the PS3 version; don't have a 360.

[quote name='Chacrana']The site says "free upgrade to Collector's Edition" or something to that extent, so I took that to mean that if you preorder Far Cry 2, you'll get the CE.

I hope.[/quote]

When I pre-ordered mine a couple weeks ago they said that there was a separate listing for the CE in the computer, but it was the same price as the regular. I'm picking it up for :360: for the achievements (for the sole purpose of keeping myself ahead of my buddies).

[quote name='gr8asianman']When I pre-ordered mine a couple weeks ago they said that there was a separate listing for the CE in the computer, but it was the same price as the regular. I'm picking it up for :360: for the achievements (for the sole purpose of keeping myself ahead of my buddies).[/quote]

I am going to have to go next week and double check. I know I pre-ordered one for the ps3 and both versions are supposed to be upgraded (as is the case for prince of persia). I was told that there was only one listing in the system. Better get my hustle on to ensure I get the free upgrade.

Just back from EB games at yorkdale (toronto)... I preordred Fable II and Far Cry 2 but didn't get the LE with FC2. They said they only have one version. Sucks!

Its a free upgrade. basically the 59.99 is the CE until they ship new stock. This year I have noticed a lot of games like this or with the art books and soundtracks pre packaged with the game.

[quote name='Ranzo']Its a free upgrade. basically the 59.99 is the CE until they ship new stock. This year I have noticed a lot of games like this or with the art books and soundtracks pre packaged with the game.[/quote]

Thanks ranzo. I talked to my local EB today and they were adamant that there was no upgrade available or CE in the system. They did mention that it was probably a US ONLY deal so I didn't expect to get a CE at all. Glad to know this will be the regular stock for the first while. I assume that the codes for the bonus missions will be included in game instead of having a code attached?

Also, as far as you know is this the same deal that will happen with prince of persia?

Just a question: Why do we get the game a day after Europe does and 4 damn days before the Americans?

The game was made by Ubisoft Montreal for Josh's sake

Just picked up Far Cry 2, and it's titled "Pre-Order Edition". It comes with the 6 extra exclusive missions, and a fold-out of the world map.

[quote name='SuperSonic1305']Where is the code for the 6 missions? I got my copy and there is nothing but a map inside.[/quote]

I have no idea. I just thought it's already coded into the disc itself.

[quote name='slickkill77']Um no theres a thing on the front of the box guys[/quote]
Could you be a little more specific please? Maybe a picture perhaps.

[quote name='AJD23']Could you be a little more specific please? Maybe a picture perhaps.[/quote]

1642874--1.jpg

Apparently it's a universal code that unlocks the 6 bonus missions for all versions of Far Cry 2, pre-order or not.

Hmm...interesting. Mine doesn't state that anywhere on the cover...or in the manual for that matter. I'll try that later, thanks.

just picked it up at an eb in burlington...they had a wall full of the pre-order editions w/ the extra missions. i didn't pre-order but was able to get one anyways, and i'm sure most people will for the next few days.

I got the pre-order/limited edition from eb games after all. It seems like that's all they have in stock for now anyway. It was supposed to come with map and code for missions but I couldn't find the code anywhere. Thankfully it's not unique, so the same code can be used more than once. Try any of those, should work, worked for me
6aPHuswe
2Eprunef
4dYPiuol
W6AdrAsu

Man so much for being limited edition. Thanks for the codes Deltapixel. I'll keep those handy until I buy Far Cry 2 sometime in the future.

bread's done
Back