Anyone ordered from Gamestop.ca before and are they good with preorder bonuses?

poiuiu

CAGiversary!
Just a quick question cause I'm thinking about spending the rest of my tic on the online store rather than in store since the last few times I preordered from a b&m store to get a preorder bonus, I never got them (for the curious, Demon's Souls, GoW3, and Crackdown 2).

So, two (and a half) questions:

1: How fast is their 39$ minimum order cheapie shipping?
1.5: Any problems with their processing of orders?
2: Are they any better with stocking preorder bonuses than physical stores? Random note: With Amazon.ca I never ran into a problem with preorder extras.

Thanks in advance.

I pre-ordered Strange Journey and Infinite Space earlier this year and had a good experience. They ended up splitting the order into two shipments (the games released a week apart), but honored the free shipping. They also sent them both via purolator so they showed up the day after the release date, which was a nice surprise.

As for bonuses, Strange Journey came with a soundtrack but it was packed in with the game so they couldn't accidentally forget it without actually opening the game.

All my pre-orders from Gamestop.ca all arrived on the day of release before noon, so I have no problems with shipping.

Pre-order bonuses have been very hit or miss with me. I probably received half of the bonuses for my pre-orders, despite pre-ordering months in advance. Off the top of my head, I never received the bonuses for Alpha Protocol, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Fragile Dreams. These games had their bonuses listed on their product page when I ordered AND after the game was released. The Fragile Dreams situation really disappointed me because I ordered as soon as the bonus was announced, so I thought I was guaranteed a bonus. Since then, I've been placing fewer orders online and more in-store.

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like I'll just risk preorders from local stores first (since it'll be risk either way) so I can bitch at them immediately rather than making time to bitch at them after I get my orders.

I ordered Red Dead Redemption for the PS3 on the day of release, got it the day after and it was the pre-order Special Edition.

I got screwed out of my Darksiders pre-order bonus from them, but I did receive the game on the street date. I ordered pretty late, after the bonus was removed from the US site, but the offer was still on the Canadian site for the next several days and they told me by email that it's not guaranteed but I'm likely to get it if it's still listed. Never happened, whatever.

I pre-ordered God of War III Ultimate Edition and Super Street Fighter IV and got my pre-order bonuses and both came on the release date with the pre-order bonuses.

bread's done
Back