Anyone pick up Halo 2 yet?

GameDude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
halo2pic4.jpg

[quote name='bhfgamer']Thats probably a microsoft/bungie employee's games.... unless their yours?[/quote]

I wish they were mine! I got this from a different forum. I'm not sure where they're from.

Those are clearly from some kind of store shipment. Not only can you see the cardboard box they came in, but there are games for other systems in there as well. MS has already started to ship out copies of the game to retailers (I believe my GS gets copies in on Wednesday), but of course they can't be sold until the 9th.

[quote name='nickmad']bullshit how?[/quote]

How would this be bullshit? It's just over a week from the launch now...the majority of the games have been manufactured, and it's not really surprising that some of the shipments would have gotten out early. It always seems to happen...

the game is done, its being produced and shipped right now, my store (gamestop) will be getting them soon too. its one of the street date titles, if youre lucky you might find someone breaking street date

[quote name='iheartmetal']the game is done, its being produced and shipped right now, my store (gamestop) will be getting them soon too. its one of the street date titles, if youre lucky you might find someone breaking street date[/quote]

I'd pay to see someone break the street date. Not so that people could get an early copy, just to see what would happen. MS is watching this like a hawk. I could get fired for even opening a copy before the 9th, let alone taking or playing it.

wow I dident believe the manager where i work(he is a big gamer) and he said we will sell halo 2 on nov 9 but RZONE employees can get them the day their recieved which would be TUES supposidly

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='iheartmetal']the game is done, its being produced and shipped right now, my store (gamestop) will be getting them soon too. its one of the street date titles, if youre lucky you might find someone breaking street date[/quote]

I'd pay to see someone break the street date. Not so that people could get an early copy, just to see what would happen. MS is watching this like a hawk. I could get fired for even opening a copy before the 9th, let alone taking or playing it.[/quote]

id lose my job too :( but i bet, someone, somewhere will break it

[quote name='Trakan']I meant bullshit as in someone owning it already. I know stores are receiving shipments.[/quote]

I figured as much. Anyone who looks at either of those pics and thinks they are personally owned copies needs to be executed before they can breed.

When I worked retail we weren't allowed to open Windows 98 until the street date, even though we had a pallet full of copies in the back weeks earlier.

Microsoft is notoriously anal about their street dates - they even send undercover reps to stores to attempt to buy products before street date just so they can fine the store if they do.

I seriously doubt anyone will break the Halo 2 street date, but hey, stranger things have happened. Besides, I'm pretty sure MS knows right now every Xbox Live account that should have access to Halo 2 before 11/7 and will probably ban any unauthorized username they see playing it.

[quote name='mmn']I seriously doubt anyone will break the Halo 2 street date, but hey, stranger things have happened. Besides, I'm pretty sure MS knows right now every Xbox Live account that should have access to Halo 2 before 11/7 and will probably ban any unauthorized username they see playing it.[/quote]

This would cause some trickly situations. Hell, if i walked into a ma & pa game store tomorrow and the dumbasses had it out on the shelf, I'd certainly buy it! If i took it home and played it, having paid full price for it legally, do i deserve to get into trouble? Just playing devil's advocate here - pointing out potential issues in trying to punish a gamer...

[quote name='organicow']This would cause some trickly situations. Hell, if i walked into a ma & pa game store tomorrow and the dumbasses had it out on the shelf, I'd certainly buy it! If i took it home and played it, having paid full price for it legally, do i deserve to get into trouble? Just playing devil's advocate here - pointing out potential issues in trying to punish a gamer...[/quote]

You would not have been in the wrong organicow, the retailer would have. I imagine this is the perspective that MS will use during the next week or so. I'm sure they're going to have to deal with at least a few people breaking the date.

I can't wait for this game. My friend and I finished beating the first one on legendary last night. It was insanes.. :twisted:

Now, to wait patiently for this game. And Metroid Prime 2. Thats gonna be a busy couple of weeks...

I know some store some where WILL break the street date.
I got my copy of Midtown Madness 3 a week early at a Wal-mart.
When I was being checked out it wouldn't scan because it wasn't suppose to be sold yet, I told them that I was in a bit of a hurry and they were making me late for work with all the rescanning they were trying and finally they just rang it up just as an electronics purchase for that price.

[quote name='GameDude']Some big-ass pictures.[/quote]

we all know: some nerd, somewhere in a basement, is whacking it to those pics right now...

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='GameDude']Some big-ass pictures.[/quote]

we all know: some nerd, somewhere in a basement, is whacking it to those pics right now...[/quote]

:shock:

/checks room for cameras

... ok, it's clear. :joystick:

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='GameDude']Some big-ass pictures.[/quote]

we all know: some nerd, somewhere in a basement, is whacking it to those pics right now...[/quote]

Or in the basement of the Franciscan Center...

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='GameDude']Some big-ass pictures.[/quote]

Or in the basement of the Franciscan Center...[/quote]

Are you sure? Last time I checked, he had not found a decent place to do that yet

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='GameDude']Some big-ass pictures.[/quote]

Or in the basement of the Franciscan Center...[/quote]

:rofl:

I dare anyone to break the realease date...there is a $200,000 fine to anyone who does.

My store (GameRush) will be getting ours in on Monday the 8th, just in time for the Midnight party that we'll be holding.

pleasesomeonelocalbreakthestreetdate....pleasesomeonelocalbreakthestreetdate....
pleasesomeonelocalbreakthestreetdate....pleasesomeonelocalbreakthestreetdate....

$200,000 fine? That's it? I figured it'd be in the millions..

[quote name='MegoW64']Cripes, that's for the employee..not the store.

You got the cash? I know I sure has hell dont.[/quote]

fuck...that's worse than selling cigarettes to a minor!

a $200,000 fine for the employee? you show me a store where a video game clerk could even come close to paying a $200,000 fine and i'll show you a completed application.

I felt the same way when my district manager told me the other day...she was warning all GR people that if we even touched the boxes before the 9th and were caught we would be fined $200,000 (by Microsoft) and lose our jobs.

I, for one, can wait.

Also, breaking the street date is more than a fine. Some companies refuse future buisiness with that store. I think EA works like this.

[quote name='MegoW64']I felt the same way when my district manager told me the other day...she was warning all GR people that if we even touched the boxes before the 9th and were caught we would be fined $200,000 (by Microsoft) and lose our jobs.

I, for one, can wait.[/quote]

I don't buy it. It's always been the store that gets fined for breaking street date, not the employees.

I know here for DVDs and such the fine is $200k, and they will basically limit sending items to the store, or cut off the supply enitrely. I heard at the worst the employee will get fired, I've never heard of a company going after an employee asking them to pay $200k.

[quote name='mmn']
Microsoft is notoriously anal about their street dates - they even send undercover reps to stores to attempt to buy products before street date just so they can fine the store if they do.
[/quote]
I want that job.

bread's done
Back