Anyone picking up F.E.A.R. Extraction Point

[quote name='michaema']I havent heard too much about this expansion, anyone know if its worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

IGN gave it a 7.something but they said the gameplay was still fantastic... the expansion is apparently really short though... still seems like it's worth it.

Well with deal at Best buy mentioned in another thread, it would be a good time to buy. Besides it will probably be a year before the price drops to $15 or $10. Thanks for the input

[quote name='michaema']Well with deal at Best buy mentioned in another thread, it would be a good time to buy. Besides it will probably be a year before the price drops to $15 or $10. Thanks for the input[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, I have no intention of waiting more than another day to get this (waiting till tomorrow since my gaming PC's at home.) $25 is a great deal for what's guaranteed to be an absolutely fantastic game and it'd be stupid to wait a year in order to save $5 or $10.

I got the expansion today and I played through the first interval... awesome. The expansion is still as good as FEAR... hell, the sheer length of one of the firefights is possibly longer than anything in the original FEAR... truly fantastic stuff.

[quote name='Chacrana']I got the expansion today and I played through the first interval... awesome. The expansion is still as good as FEAR... hell, the sheer length of one of the firefights is possibly longer than anything in the original FEAR... truly fantastic stuff.[/quote]

Sweet I got it today too cant wait to play it...

Quick question:
Does the expansion prompt for the original cd? I loaned it to a friend but I still have it installed on my system. Just wondering if I'll have to get it back for the install.

[quote name='lorne']Quick question:
Does the expansion prompt for the original cd? I loaned it to a friend but I still have it installed on my system. Just wondering if I'll have to get it back for the install.[/QUOTE]

No. It asks for where your FEAR directory is, but at no point do you need the original FEAR CD/DVD.

So far this game's great. I've only played for about 1 hour so I've still got some content left. Haven't seen the new guns yet, but I've sen new enemies I think.

Beat this yesterday. I have mixed feelings about it. I think many of the fire fights are better than the original, there are some massive shoot outs, but there is very little new here, and the expansion was missing some things that made the original good.

There is very little variety here, much like the original, but with an expansion I wish they had brought some bigger changes. There were some new weapons and a couple new enemies, but I couldn't stand the invisible ghosts.

To me the expansion didn't have the pacing and story to keep you intersted like the original. I guess I never realized how much I enjoyed the characters in the original, especially the nerdy computer guy who kept screwing you over. Also the entire plot line in this is literally, get to the extraction point.

But the AI is still amazing and I think I found this one a little more nerve racking than the original.

bread's done
Back