Anyone planning on importing Jump Superstars?

Not surprising as they were stating that there were over 200,000 pre-orders. I wonder how many red DS they are selling along side it.

[quote name='j.elles']Just got this from Nintendo now. Look at this. Odds if this coming stateside just went up a notch. Damn. This thing slaughtered the competition. Sold more
in a day then some games have sold so far all year in Japan. This almost deserves it's own thread.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, the odds of it coming here are still pretty slim, since all the anime licenses are spread out among a bunch of different companies. It would be a licensing nightmare trying to get rights for all the different animes from all the US publishers.

I'm still waiting for mine from yesasia. Can someone post impressions.

Famitsu scores

Nintendo DS
# Akumajou Dracula: Aoitsuki no Juujika (Konami): 9, 8, 8, 8 - (33/40)
# Jump! Super Stars (Nintendo): 8, 8, 9, 7 - (32/40)
# Kyouryuu Ouja Ketteisen: Kyouryuu Grand Prix (MTO): 6, 6, 6, 5 - (23/40)
# Lunar Genesis (Marvelous): 6, 9, 6, 6 - (27/40)
# Puzzle Bobble DS (Taito): 7, 6, 6, 6 - (25/40)
# Survival Kids: Lost in Blue (Konami): 8, 8, 7, 8 - (31/40)

Just ordered my copy today through YesAsia. Thought about holding out for a US release, but that just seems way too unlikely.

Unlikely,.................... unlikely!! Time wasted is what you will accomplish if you wait. That will never happen, IMO. You have a better chance of some CAG getting tired of it and trading here.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Just an FYI, so far its been more text heavy than I thought. Still worth it, but you are really going to need an FAQ.[/QUOTE]
I kind of expected this, but I still couldn't let this one get past me. I will probably end up not playing it much but I still had to get it.

The american rights to those anime charecters in video games really that spread out. With sales that well and a lot of those charecters being pretty popular over here combined with it fast becoming the best selling ds game on the system I think the chance is pretty good. If it becomes the best selling game in Japan which it might it will go up even more. That beetle pokemon type thing is coming over here after all.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Hmm. I expect I'll be buying Electroplankton.[/QUOTE]

Why not wait for the US release? They showed it at E3, it's gunna happen...

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do now. I was gonna import Jump, but it seems texty, so I say meh. I'll probably go for Ouendan now...or Daigasso, but I think that may see Stateside more than Ouendan will.

also got mine today. So far I only need to use gamefaqs for mission objective since i am too lazy to figure them out. Will write more once i play some more.

How text heavy is JSS? How ever gets it, let me know... this is the first time I've ever thought about importing a game but I don't wanna do it if it's too text heavy.

Yeah, same question for me. I'm importing Ouendan and something else. Either Band Brothers or this. I was considering Electroplantkon, too. Hmm.

For those who never import a game there are only 2 things to look out for. First is the mission objective, which you can just use gamefaqs to easily figure out
The second is the Koma, which requires you to match a character with his or her quotes. I use this http://parasyte.info/jsschars.html Just match the character's name with the quote. It took me a bit to figure out but I played games with more text.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Yeah, same question for me. I'm importing Ouendan and something else. Either Band Brothers or this. I was considering Electroplantkon, too. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Go with Jump Superstars. Band Brothers might come to the US (supposedly it's coming to Europe) and if not, you'll want to wait for it's expansion to come out so you can get the bundle, assuming it will be bundled. Electroplankton is coming to the US in November, there is really no reason to import.

You've sold me on that, PArathod. I know Electroplankton is coming to US, so that would be a wasted 20 dollars. Ouendan looks awesome, but Band Brothers is just another music game. I'm sure they're both great, but I'd rather get them...not together, or I'm afraid they will get dull sooner.

My only concern is the language barrier. Are the FAQS and GameFaqs and such good enough? I've never imported a game and can't speak a word of Japanese at all.

Yugi and Goku. Plus it was at E3. Do you guys really think it won't come here. Where was that said. With these's sales and those charecters it will I think.

The only important thing to know in Ouendan is that on the main menu the difficulty goes:

Very Hard
Hard
Medium
Easy

Other than that, you'll only miss out on some story (if you can't figure it out by looking at the self explanitory pictures).

Mine should be here soon, along with Jump Superstars, so i'll do a double check for you.

Have you read ANY of the things people have posted about licensing issues and the like?

Besides, the majority of Americans don't know HALF of those characters.

Thanks Parathod. I appreciate your help, and that'll save me some anger when I try Hard expecting Easy. =P

But actually, the language barrier issues I was referring to was for Jump. I've heard that the cards, or Koma, you can get and such are a little frustrating being in Japanese and that it could turn the game on you in a second. When you ge tit, sometime, could you possibly clue me in on how it works, and if non-Japanese speakers like myself will still enjoy the game?

Thanks a lot.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Thanks Parathod. I appreciate your help, and that'll save me some anger when I try Hard expecting Easy. =P

But actually, the language barrier issues I was referring to was for Jump. I've heard that the cards, or Koma, you can get and such are a little frustrating being in Japanese and that it could turn the game on you in a second. When you ge tit, sometime, could you possibly clue me in on how it works, and if non-Japanese speakers like myself will still enjoy the game?

Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

my review mention your concern on the koma. Go check it out. If you want to find out if the koma is going to be a problem, here is a little exercise you can try. First print out a page of this link. http://parasyte.info/jsschars.html
Than cut out the names and quotes into pieces, mix them up and try to match them. If you dont think that's too hard than you will have no problem with this game.

Read this on another board of another site. The licenseing issue has the same problem is Japan if you check. And viz releasing this game is a real possibility. Especially if it goes on to sell even better. Over a million copies, which is more then possible given the numbers then i'd say it might not come over soon but it will eventually. Maybe not even in it's current form but eventually.

near as I can tell, the situation is this:

Viz, the company that releases Shonen Jump in the US, is likely the only possible licensor for any as of yet unlicensed Jump titles. This is because Shueisha, the publisher that releases Shonen Jump (among other titles) in Japan, is also one of the two primary owners of Viz (I believe the other is Shogakukan). Therefore, as far as release of this title in the US, the licensing issue seems very simple: this game is based off of the Shonen Jump manga line, and therefore Viz (and ultimately Shueisha) are the only people who need to be dealt with in addition to the actual developers. Granted, the US rights would probably be expensive (and a number of the series involved have not yet been released over here), but there is only one company that needs to be dealt with to secure the US release.

Now, if the game is handled through the anime side, then the chances of a US release are probably minimal, as different companies have the rights for most of the anime based off of this manga.

Incidentally, there is a good reason why neither Inuyasha or Fullmetal Alchemist was used in this game: they aren't Shonen Jump titles in Japan. Inuyasha, in fact, is not even a Shueisha title at all; it runs in one of Shogakukan's magazines.

Just beat this game today, still got tons of stuff to unlock.

IGN sums up the reason why this wont be in US:
"Given the licensing complexities, it'd be virtually impossible to release this title outside Japan. For example, the US license of Dragon Ball is exclusively held by Atari, while One Piece is handled by Bandai."
According to ign, that means a game base on manga or anime of DBZ has to go through Atari, and same with the other series.

The Super Robot War /ACE series also sold very well in Japan and their line up is just as impressive as JSS, but it has basiclly zero chance of getting a US release. This shows that the popularitry of the series and sales in Japan won't be helping that much.

So does this have a chance of getting a US release? Well if Atari, Bandi, Capcom, Konami, and other companies that own lienses in the US somehow merged together.

But it would be extremely expensive to take care of all the licensing issues, and not many Americans are familiar with all these characters.

A mother is going to buy Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic over some Jump game.

The high number of imports might actually have a negative effect, too. After all, a lot of the people who would really be interested in this game probably already have it. After all, it's the number 1 DS gamefaqs board and FAQ right now, which tells you that a lot of folks in the US imported this game.

Thought you guys were fans of the game. I mean honestly I was just speculating for the future. By 2007 the odds of the licensing issues getting handled and it getting released hear are pretty good. And that game didn't sell anywhere near as good as Jump superstars. It made the top ten sales list for the year in ONE DAY. Thats spectacular. And Viz owns the Manga rights to dbz. Along with all the others for the USA. Atari owns the game rights to the DBZ anime. Japan has the licensing for the anime split up just like hear. They went with the manga licensing route there too. Whats to say they eventually won't do the same hear. I'm not saying its immeninent just possible.

[quote name='j.elles']Thought you guys were fans of the game. I mean honestly I was just speculating for the future. By 2007 the odds of the licensing issues getting handled and it getting released hear are pretty good. And that game didn't sell anywhere near as good as Jump superstars. It made the top ten sales list for the year in ONE DAY. Thats spectacular. And Viz owns the Manga rights to dbz. Along with all the others for the USA. Atari owns the game rights to the DBZ anime. Japan has the licensing for the anime split up just like hear. They went with the manga licensing route there too. Whats to say they eventually won't do the same hear. I'm not saying its immeninent just possible.[/QUOTE]
In a way it is possible, sort of like how EA is making a Marvel Super hero game and activion got the right to spider-man. so yeah a release is possible but still highly unlikely.

I know that no one cares, but Ouendan really is the best game on the DS. I'd recommend getting the game with Jump Superstars.

[quote name='Parathod']I know that no one cares, but Ouendan really is the best game on the DS. I'd recommend getting the game with Jump Superstars.[/QUOTE]

That makes me feel good. I ordered Ouendan along with Superstars from Yes Asia, and started thinking that maybe Ouendan wasn't as good as I previously thought. But after watching the IGN video again, I was so wrong. =D

A question for you and others- For those of you who don't read Japanese, how hard is it to get into the game seeing as how it's not in English? (I'm talking about Superstars, not Ouendan)

I have a question-

In the Koma things that have 2 or 3 spots to insert pictures to make them whole and such, do all the correct ones need to be in place at the same time, or, if Iget 1 correct out of the 2/3, will it lock in?

Finally going to pull the trigger on Jump Superstars... no way I'm ordering from Play Asia though, and waiting two weeks for them to ship it.

Can get it on Ebay for $52 shipped (brand new to boot) with First Class shipping, I think I'll go for it tonight.

i heard ranma might be on it :(..dont have a ds, but i kno one of my friends is gonna get importing this..and i wanted 2 play as ranma damnit :p

[quote name='greydemise']i heard ranma might be on it :(..dont have a ds, but i kno one of my friends is gonna get importing this..and i wanted 2 play as ranma damnit :p[/QUOTE]
no ranma in Jump superstar

bread's done
Back