Anyone play Jump superstars (import) for DS

Yes, incredably. The only weak point is the easy computer AI. The campain chalanges are hard but 1 on 1 or even 3 vs me there real easy. Good if you have friends that like anime. Alot like SSBM. And a shit load of playable chars

OK let me explain because the game threw me at first. Befor you battles you dont select char. you choose a comic page. As you collect more peices from chalanges youu can make your own. The comic pages are 4x5 gridid. There are 3 types of comic peices (or as ther caled koma) you can place in there. Help coma, these are 1x1 single squares, alone they do simple things like heal you or boost speed or sight. Next are the support coma they are 2-3 squares. Use them and a char pops out delivers a move and then goes away. Bolth help and support coma can increese a battle komas life and power, if they are related. An example is with naruto, if you have a sakura help coma by him his life goes up. Then ther is a battle koma, They are 4-7 blocks, the more blocks the more powerfull and there can be mutaple versions of the same char. Naruto has a 4,5,6, and 7 block comas. These are your fighters. You have to make all the support and battle koma. They start off as black and white blocks with a peice missing, you have to put the proper help koma into that to activate it. Later on it requires more then 1 and thats a pain because theer are an enormis amout of komas, i think 500 or somthing maby more.
You get Koma by playing the campain, a big world map you move across to diffrent chalanges, there are about 5 chalanges in each level, you only need to beat the first one to move on but by beating more you earn more koma. Some arieas of the map are unlocked after so many battles or after earning so many koma. challanges can include " Dont get hit" "beat within this time." "Dont use the B button" "break all the walls" oh ya you can beak the walls and knock somone off the page, oh ya your playing on a comic page. The more damage you recive the more you turn black and white. You can swich out to another battle koma on you page (wich is diplayed on touch screen) by taping on it. Thats also how you summon support.
Ok I think i got most of it, this is a 9/10 in my book. Just wish I had friends with DS. well at least Bleach will be WIFI

Like, kind of like diablo's item equipment system thing. some kumas are bigger than others and take up more space. There are 3 kinds of Kumas, the pieces or equipment you could say. understand now?

[quote name='banpeikun']Is it single cart multiplayer?[/QUOTE]There is single cart multiplayer, along with multicart multiplayer (which probably allow you to use your own team designs/comic pages or whatever).

Unless you can play multiplayer consistantly, (with actual decks for each player), it gets old quite fast. :\

[quote name='Deadmon']Unless you can play multiplayer consistantly, (with actual decks for each player), it gets old quite fast. :\[/QUOTE]

True. I still don't regret buying it, though.

Neither do I, in fact, I play once in a while just to fool around with Ichigo or Sajin (I believe, the One Piece guy with the black suit). :)

back from the dead.

question. I am trying to make a new deck for this game and all of the Koma that I can choose from on my screen seem to be only help and support (blue and green colored), where are all the main characters?

thanks.

[quote name='EagleNights']What exactly do you do in it? and is it worth the $40 it costs from ebay and play-asia?[/quote]

Jump Superstars is an action game that features characters based on an all-star cast from the weekly Shonen Jump manga magazine, including Goku from Dragon Ball Z and Ruffy from One Piece.
The title plays with 2D graphics and Super Smash Brothers-style gameplay. Players will have four characters fighting simultaneously on the upper screen while the bottom screen will feature what looks looks like a page of manga. By touching or tapping on drawings of the characters, you can call them onto the battle screen for assistance or for special items, that's why it cost something like that

ds.qj.net " my dsblog site"

[quote name='asianxcore']back from the dead.

question. I am trying to make a new deck for this game and all of the Koma that I can choose from on my screen seem to be only help and support (blue and green colored), where are all the main characters?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

You have to earn more komas, most likely. Many of the main character komas need to be combined: there'll be 3 and 4 panel komas that will require that you plug in the face of the right single panel koma to unlock. For example, there's a 4 panel koma with a hole in it that turns into the Naruto koma when you place the Naruto help koma into the hole.

Did that make any sense at all?

bread's done
Back