Anyone play MMORPGs?

I played back in C1 and C2 back in like 2004 I think. I remember the first time going on the boat and the music started playing.... t'was beautiful.

I am just waiting for the new Star Wars MMO now. Does anyone know if it has a release date?

@Droenixjpn there is no release date, just that its 2011.

My favorite MMO has to be Guild Wars, awaiting Guild Wars 2 as well as new ones such as Blade & Soul and Continent of the Ninth. ^^

Runes of Magic is definitely something worth playing for people who want that WoW feeling just without the paid subscription.

Someone should start a CAG guild in RoM.

[quote name='Shimrra']Runes of Magic is definitely something worth playing for people who want that WoW feeling just without the paid subscription.

Someone should start a CAG guild in RoM.[/QUOTE]

I've added a lot of people from CAG to my Xfire. I think there already is a core group of players that meet up and play RoM and DDO. From those that post on my Free and Legal thread to those that just use the Xfire meetup rooms.

The easiest way to get this started or to tag along is to use the Xfire thread.

I just downloaded the free 10 day trial to LOTRO and have been having a blast with it. The warden class has a mechanic unlike any other I have seen and combat is actually fun with it. Story is great too, your progression focuses on a lengthy quest line that ties into the books. I've done about 10+ quests for it and that was just the prologue!

[quote name='Bob A. Booey']I just downloaded the free 10 day trial to LOTRO and have been having a blast with it. The warden class has a mechanic unlike any other I have seen and combat is actually fun with it. Story is great too, your progression focuses on a lengthy quest line that ties into the books. I've done about 10+ quests for it and that was just the prologue![/QUOTE]

I did the trial for that game awhile back also. It was decent. If it ever goes F2P, I will try it again.

[quote name='Bob A. Booey']I just downloaded the free 10 day trial to LOTRO and have been having a blast with it. The warden class has a mechanic unlike any other I have seen and combat is actually fun with it. Story is great too, your progression focuses on a lengthy quest line that ties into the books. I've done about 10+ quests for it and that was just the prologue![/QUOTE]
LOTRO is a great game. I got a lifetime subscription, and its been worth every penny.

[quote name='lordwow']Posted in the Steam Thread, but Everquest is $2.50 for the starter pack on Steam this week, with a free 30 days for any new player.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24130/

I'll probably pick it up for nostalgia's sake, haven't played since Scars of Velious. 30 days for $2.50 is worth a try.[/QUOTE]Great game for a great price. EQ + 15 expansions for $2.50 is a steal.

Aika Online, a F2P RvR MMO is going into open beta today. Check it out if you're into PvP.

I'm a lifetime on LOTRO myself, Windfola. Hunter is finally 54, played since Open Beta (That character, technically I was around in closed beta.... but that got wiped.) I'm lazy at playing it since it's lifetime... I should be 65, I know.

MMO's I have played:

WoW + both expansions - VERY GOOD
Star Wars Galaxies - TERRIBLE
Eve Online - VERY GOOD
LOTRO - MEDIOCRE
City of Villians - MEDIOCRE

(keep in mind that my ratings are based on the states of each game at the time that I played them... most MMO's obviously evolve quite a bit as the years go by)

What I still play:

Eve Online

What I look forward to playing in the future:

WoW - Cataclysm expansion
Star Wars: The Old Republic

I'm playing Shaiya at this time. Next play time is tonight @ 10:30 PM EST to about 11:15 PM EST.

I posted it on my 'Free And Legal PC Games' thread. It's a nice MMORPG with permanent death modes for some areas, quest and PVP events.

I actually solo'ed a dangerous event and got some NICE freaking loot from it. It won't be for everyone but I say check it out.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244468

I want to thumbs up EVE Online, I'm hooked on it. It starts out a little bit slow due to it's time based training system, but after a few weeks it really starts to pick up! Great interaction with the other players.

[quote name='Achuba Nanoia']I want to thumbs up EVE Online, I'm hooked on it. It starts out a little bit slow due to it's time based training system, but after a few weeks it really starts to pick up! Great interaction with the other players.[/QUOTE]

I hope they do something to bridge the gap soon between newer and older players. Some people have well over 100 mil SP at this point (I just hit 29 mil myself).

bread's done
Back