anyone playing NARC yet??

I was thinking of getting it depending on reviews, but I can't find any reviews anywhere, despite the fact that it's been out since Tuesday. Game Rankings doesn't even have rankings for either version yet. I could be wrong here, but I'm taking this as a sign that perhaps NARC isn't worth the $19.99.

I haven't yet, but I've had a feeling the game was going to be crap from the get go. It just sounds like one of those games that's going to rely on shock value to get people to buy it (i.e. Manhunt, SoE, etc)

I played it, and here's my profound and introspective opinion of it:

Meh

If that doesn't explain it, then I suppose I could elaborate on it a little. For the record, the graphics are ugly. They gitch in several places, and for the most part have weird textures. It seems that everyone in the city looks almost identical, as for the hour I played it I saw no more than 4 different character maps for men and women. The whole "Gameplay" thing is also full of holes. You can bust anyone and up your badge-rating, and you can shoot anyone (minus a cop) without any penalty. The controls are aso kind of akward, especially if you're trying to dash, dive, and fire at the same time. Let's just say that for the defaults, you have to be real flexible. The DRUGZ don't really add much to the game aside from some comical effects, unless it's Coke in which case you're invincible until it wears off. Oh, let us not forget the indestructible cars as well. I hate that. A whole clip into a car and it looks like it just came off the lot. Story? Yeah, it'd be best if I didn't mention it.
That being said, I found it mildly entertaining for the hour or so I played it. I don't know if it's worth the $20, but I'd probably get it for $10 for the comedy inherent in its shit-tastic production values.
BIG FRIEND HIT PRICE

Reality's Fringe]I played it said:
Meh[/b]

If that doesn't explain it, then I suppose I could elaborate on it a little. For the record, the graphics are ugly. They gitch in several places, and for the most part have weird textures. It seems that everyone in the city looks almost identical, as for the hour I played it I saw no more than 4 different character maps for men and women. The whole "Gameplay" thing is also full of holes. You can bust anyone and up your badge-rating, and you can shoot anyone (minus a cop) without any penalty. The controls are aso kind of akward, especially if you're trying to dash, dive, and fire at the same time. Let's just say that for the defaults, you have to be real flexible. The DRUGZ don't really add much to the game aside from some comical effects, unless it's Coke in which case you're invincible until it wears off. Oh, let us not forget the indestructible cars as well. I hate that. A whole clip into a car and it looks like it just came off the lot. Story? Yeah, it'd be best if I didn't mention it.
That being said, I found it mildly entertaining for the hour or so I played it. I don't know if it's worth the $20, but I'd probably get it for $10 for the comedy inherent in its shit-tastic production values.
BIG FRIEND HIT PRICE

What did you really think was going to happen with a game that is $20 and hyped beyond belief. It is craptastic for a reason.

bread's done
Back