Anyone preorder BSG 2.5 from DDD?

quickdraw_ltd

CAG Veteran
I preordered mine from DDD at the very beginning of the month and as of today, the day in which it is released, it still hasn't shipped out. So I'm curious if anyone gotten any word on their status.

[quote name='Plac1d']What exsactly does 2.5 have that wasn't aired on the Sci-Fi channel?[/quote]

I may be undermining your knowledge of BSG, but it seems like you don't know the new structure of the BSG seasons.

Season 1 had 13 episodes as well as a three-hour miniseries.

Season 2 is split into two parts, twenty episodes in all. The first part of the season called "2.0" consists of 10 episodes, and the second part of the season, "2.5" consists of the other 10 episodes. Together they make the entire season 2. Season 3 will be the same. It is this way so the actors and writers can take a break, and so that Sci-Fi doesn't have to compete with the big networks.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']I may be undermining your knowledge of BSG, but it seems like you don't know the new structure of the BSG seasons.

Season 1 had 13 episodes as well as a three-hour miniseries.

Season 2 is split into two parts, twenty episodes in all. The first part of the season called "2.0" consists of 10 episodes, and the second part of the season, "2.5" consists of the other 10 episodes. Together they make the entire season 2. Season 3 will be the same. It is this way so the actors and writers can take a break, and so that Sci-Fi doesn't have to compete with the big networks.[/QUOTE]

It also pisses me off big time, Im running crazy waiting to see what happened at the end of season 2.5. Almost as bad as the end of season 2.0.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']It also pisses me off big time, Im running crazy waiting to see what happened at the end of season 2.5. Almost as bad as the end of season 2.0.[/quote]

You don't watch it on Sci-Fi?

[quote name='xghostsniperx']You don't watch it on Sci-Fi?[/QUOTE]

I do, it's just a pain to watch in letterbox on a already widescreen TV. I also watch it on HDnet which is godly but they are still on season 1 I think.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']

Season 2 is split into two parts, twenty episodes in all. The first part of the season called "2.0" consists of 10 episodes, and the second part of the season, "2.5" consists of the other 10 episodes. Together they make the entire season 2. Season 3 will be the same. It is this way so the actors and writers can take a break, and so that Sci-Fi doesn't have to compete with the big networks.[/QUOTE]

Umm... you really should get your info right.

Season 3 will have a 2-3 WEEK break around Christmas time in the middle of season 3. There will not be months long wait. Season three primeres Oct 6 and will run for 20 episodes straight, except during the holidays.

Breaking season 2 up into 2 parts was lame. I can't think of any other way to say it.

If you don't want to order it online, Frys Electronics has it for 29.99 this week. I used the ad to get it pricematched at Best Buy

Just to update you all, I called DDD today and talked to a representative about my order and they won't have shipments out until 09/30!

DDD should really work on getting enough copies of a title in to fill preorders. My copy of the Office Season 2 still hasn't shipped yet, but I was able to get $3 off because the current price is less then the price I ordered it for.
It's too bad that Season 2.5 isn't going to ship until the 30th, but I only paid $27 for it, and I'm watching season 3 of Babylon 5 right now (just finished disk 1 a few hours ago).

[quote name='David85']You should nkow by now that if you want it fast you shouldn't buy from DDD.[/quote]
I usually get good luck with new release DVDs from DDD. I got the Gojira/Godzilla 2 disk set the day it came out, and Stella season 1 one day before it came out.
Maybe the issue is with Universal, since both The Office and Battlestar Galactica are released on DVD by Universal.

bread's done
Back